Trump: Dawn of the 3rd Party

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Dec 8, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i dont think the democrats are stupid enough to nominate bernie. bernie being elected president is even more unlikely than trump or cruz because hes left wing. white men will not vote for him and they still make up a large part of the electorate. also young people dont vote(many are bernie supporters)

bernie sanders wouldnt be able to do anything in the white house anyway, congress would go against him just as much as they did against obama or even more so. Democrats have to vote for hilary since joe biden didnt run if they want to get anything accomplished while in the white house.

I dont think trump can win a general election because he has alienated alot of voters. I am amazed that the american people even see him as a viable candidate for president. I think cruz has an even lower chance of winning because of how extreme he is and because of how he behaved in congress as a senator.(its pretty scary that hes doing as well as he is, says alot about the american people)

I think the republicans need to nominate a candidate like jeb or rubio in order to win the white house. I dont understand why both parties are trying to nominate extreme candidates.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    badgerale likes this.
  2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Most common positive I hear about Bernie and Donald is: "At least I know what they think."

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wtf does that mean?

4. DarkJello

Many people think/feel/believe Bern and Don are genuine, and that others are programmed.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think mw's point was that while Sander's may speak genuinely, and would try to act on his principles, that doesn't mean much if he is prevented from doing any of it by congress - and they would be even more hostile than with Obama.

With Trump, and assuming that congress remains right-dominated, it would be more ambivalent.

I thought the article mw linked was interesting, and it is worth remembering that the leader is only part of the machine. It seems plausable that entrenched interests in the party would prefer Trump -- a populist full of bluster, but not ultimately someone who seems like he cares too much about Politics, than an ideologue who wants to replace them - as they describe Cruz.

I guess (assuming that politics and law in the US works something like it does in the UK) that if Trump was elected you'd see a few extreme policies but most of his pronouncements would either be quashed or muted by congress or be prevented on legal grounds.

Ohmin and DarkJello like this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Bernie has been beating Trump in several national polls iirc

7. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

They said the same thing about Reagan in 1980. He only won 2 landslides. I'm not claiming Trump will have the same type of success that Reagan had, but also recall that Reagan wasn't doing well this far out ahead of either election.

How have the moderate republican candidates fared? Romney lost. McCain lost. Elder Bush lost when he ran as a more moderate republican. He won when he followed Reagan's footsteps. Dole really didn't run a conservative campaign and lost. The younger Bush barely won running a milk-toast campaign. Ford was a moderate and lost to Carter in 1976.

The point is when republicans run with a clear, contrasting vision they win. If they don't they lose or barely win.

BTW Nixon won a landslide against in 1972 mainly because he was able to portray McGovern was a nutcase liberal. Bernie is vulnerable to the same thing.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Interesting, I'll try and keep an eye out for those some time. I'm slowly getting more involved in keeping tabs on things, but I'm still letting quite a lot slip by.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

When I get off work Ill try and find it, but Bernie was up a whopping 13 points nationally on Trump in the head to head

10. DarkJello

Dozens of polls are needed before confidence can be achieved.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It was an outcome from a few polls combined iirc

DarkJello likes this.
  12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

well im not a republican so im fine with you thinking this. More republicans taking this point of view will lead to them losing the election, as long as bernie doesnt get nominated...(the only thing more unelectable than a far right candidate for presidency is a far left candidate)

13. DarkJello

You WILL feel the Bern, sooner or later.

14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i've already felt the bern.

; ) ) ) ) )

BurnPyro and DarkJello like this.
  15. DarkJello

Donald Trump op-ed: My vision for a culture of life

By DONALD J. TRUMP • 1/23/16 10:13 AM

Let me be clear — I am pro-life. I support that position with exceptions allowed for ****, incest or the life of the mother being at risk. I did not always hold this position, but I had a significant personal experience that brought the precious gift of life into perspective for me. My story is well documented, so I will not retell it here. However, what I will do with the remaining space is express my feelings about life, and the culture of life, as we just marked the 43rd anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/donald-trump-op-ed-my-vision-for-a-culture-of-life/article/2581271

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

if life is precious why is there so much of it?

obviously life is not precious, wich is why you can have people killed for reasonable prices in certain places.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

just about any place if you have the money and connections.

Geressen likes this.
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

forgeigners costs more in india.

19. DarkJello

January 24, 2016

With just over a week until the first 2016 election contest, Donald Trump takes the lead in Iowa -- and maintains his big advantage in New Hampshire.

That’s according to the latest round of Fox News state polls on the Republican presidential nomination contest.

Trump bests Ted Cruz in Iowa and now receives 34 percent support among Republican caucus-goers. Trump was at 23 percent in the Fox News Poll two weeks ago (January 4-7).

Cruz is second with 23 percent -- down a touch from 27 percent. Marco Rubio comes in third with 12 percent, down from 15 percent. No others garner double-digit support.

Among caucus-goers who identify as “very” conservative, Cruz was up by 18 points over Trump earlier this month. Now they each receive about a third among this group (Cruz 34 percent vs. Trump 33 percent).

There’s been a similar shift among white evangelical Christians. Cruz’s 14-point advantage is now down to a 2-point edge.

http://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/fox-news-poll-trump-gains-in-iowa-still-dominates-in-new-hampshire

Other polls show a similar trend. It is about to get real up in here. Buckle up ladies and gents!

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

trump is less crazy than cruz but still not a good candidate for the presidency. (extreme candidates like these being supported is probably a direct result of the first minority president being elected and people reacting negatively towards it) the republican primary race is showing democracy at its worst, lol. the democratic side is pretty bad too considering there is only 1 real candidate and the only challenger(bernie) is just as extreme as trump/cruz.

both the democratic and republican races could use a redo, the leading candidates currently are terrible and hillary, the only normal leading candidate may not be a very honest person.(even tho like 90% of politicians arent anyway...)biden should have ran and the republicans should have supported their normal candidates...

you know its bad when your own party says your candidates suck.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-republicans/index.html
    is this a race for president? or for the host of a reality tv show? gg democracy, gg america... #fail

cruz should go run a church somewhere instead of being involved in politics and trump should stay in the private sector, billionaires dont make good presidents...(too much power and conflicting interest...)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016