Trump just signed away internet privacy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Apr 3, 2017.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Typically when I see people laying into organisations set up to be non partisan I wonder who told them they were evil and what kind of interest they have in doing so.

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ehh go look at multiple animal shelters and other non profit organizations, I worked at 2 animal shelters and I can tell you the money goes somewhere but it sure as hell doesn't all go to the animals or things for the animals or paying the staff anything for their hard and dirty work they do. When you have the guy at the top making millions a year, you have to wonder how ? Maybe that's just my logical mind over thinking things again. It's a known fact that churches, shelters, cancer foundations are mostly a sham with a guy at the top making millions a year.

Still no solution to cancer after decades and billions of dollars, and not even slightly closer to a cure.

Who profits from cancer ? If cancer was cured how much money would the big pharmaceutical companies lose everyday ? It's the same reason drugs people rely on go up every single year, gotta make that money. Same reason medical insurance keeps getting raised, it's all a sham for the people at the top to finish off the people at the bottom.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I see this kind of logic all the time, and everyone thinks they are the only one who is incisive enough to figure it out.

It consists of picking out a few things that appeal from the soup of information that is broadcast at you, stringing a narrative together between them, which fits with your worldview, and absolutely never challenging that narrative with further research of alternatives or even you yourself making counter argument.

Tweek516, Etherielin and BurnPyro like this.
  4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

who profits from the cure to cancer? the company that develops and patents the cure for cancer. seriously dude, stick to ancient aliens if you want to have fun with conspiracy theories. although that one is probably debunked now cuz if the government knew about aliens, trump would tell us. unless of course, its a secret only the deep state knows about. But if that were the case some liberal assface would have leaked it. so yeah. no aliens either. sorry.

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it's really not that likely that the cure to cancer would profit any company directly

as it is now, the various pharma companies get to produce a huge number of drugs and mark them all up for health insurers to pay for. if that gets condensed down to a small set for the cure, not only are there fewer drugs they can mark up, but there are also fewer people they can sell to unless your cure for cancer has to be taken over the course of a lifespan. also, the companies would want a new draw for government funding

on the flip side, it would be a great marketing and branding boost. basically, the cure for cancer would at best be a loss leader.

i don't mean by this that no one is working on the cure with good intentions, just that it's very likely not going to be a direct benefit to the industry moneywise

also, does the rest of your post mean that trump is a liberal assface?

BurnPyro likes this.
  6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

1. While some non-profits are definitely set up to benefit the ones at the top, its by no means the rule. One of the reasons that top executives for some non-profits get payed huge salaries is because they are in charge of organizing a huge company. You get better business leaders by paying them, not just by being a good cause.

2. We are making progress towards curing cancer. It would be almost impossible not to, with so many of the world's scientists working on cancer research. Just do a google search for "progress towards cancer cure" and your statement gets disproved by 18 million results.

3. Like ragic said, the first pharmaceutical company to develop a cancer cure would become incalculably wealthy almost overnight. Maybe your logical mind isn't thinking things through far enough?

But this is all really off-topic. How do you defend your statement that Obama had already signed away internet privacy? Because it looks to me like ICANN has nothing to do with internet privacy at all.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

1. cancer is cured everyday through chemotherapy, lasers, radiation, and surgery.
    2. Cancer is a wide range of aflictions that has no simple panacea and to think something like that is possible is ignorance.
    3. everything all over the world is not always the same as in the US.

Kampel and Tweek516 like this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Lul redumblicans amirite

9. Ragic

my posts assume ppl follow the news. the 'deep state' are the Obama left overs occupying administrative positions. those jobs that no one votes for. supposedly this is where the leaks are coming from. liberals are not assfaces for leaking. they are assfaces by their nature. it is probably redundant to say assface liberal, but it feels good.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

lol this redumblican^

obama showed trump right up by Firking him over. Trump is so weak, can't even defend himself. Sad.

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

pretty sure a lot of the jobs that no one votes for are done by appointment, with a relatively small number needing senate confirmation (and there are workarounds to that anyway)

also, for most civil servants, politics get kept separate from their work. if proven otherwise i'm p sure there's a real solid chance of the individual losing their job

trump's administration is shoddy, it's not surprising it's sprouting leaks

Etherielin, BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I don't really have anything to add other than the fact that I fukcing love watching Purnbyro's burning librage over a country half the world away but then be all like "nah bro idc, I'm the indifferent observer guy." Especially since he builds his opinions off yahoo.com articles.

Truth is, this is the best place to be in the entire world and I'd not want to move ever. My life is what I've made it to be and I'm happy I've had the opportunity and freedom to make it so. throw some more mud now, just know that it will not reach me, I'm protected by a massive wall that weak illegals cannot possibly throw over. Ktnxbai

SPiEkY, super71 and profhulk like this.
  13. Ragic

ever play cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians as a kid? good wholesome American pastime. you run around shooting each other with pretend guns. but there is always that one dork who will never die. you can shoot him point blank in the face and hes like 'ha ha missed me'. that's what arguing with these libtards is like.

14. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I don't recall you ever making a cohesive argument.

15. Ragic

see what I mean?

Baskitkase likes this.
  16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i think generally speaking, that assessment is correct

because every argument you make is full of holes, so instead of being a rational end to the discussion it's just a start on a whole new tangent of denial, spite, and pettiness

i'd say something about not being a good christian, but honestly i don't care enough about your hypocritical morality

17. Ragic

and when you couple the 'ha ha missed me' with the 'I know you are but what am I' counter arguments that are so popular here, well.. lets just say this forum is more for venting than any real discussion.

super71 and profhulk like this.
  18. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I'm curious about the last paragraph. Why is it the best place to be in the entire world? The USA doesn't really top any list apart from military spending these days? (I feel like your reply is going to be all the immigrants come to America so it must have something good, but maybe try and not use that answer?) I'm actually interested. What's America got that other places don't? (Also things that you can actually quantify would be nice)

As a foreign person why should I want to move to America over any other place? Sell it to me! :D

19. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

Firk yea! more guns than people

oh wait that question wasnt for me :)

SPiEkY and Geressen like this.
  20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Why would I want to sell it to you? I've actually been to almost every contenent and am not forming my position from yahoo comments and articles with lolranking charts. Idc if you want/don't want to come here, I'm just saying that if you think it's a bad place to be based on the political news, you're vastly under-informed. I don't need to sell it. I just need to live it. It's awesome. And that has nothing to do with Trump or Obama or any of the presidents before them that I've lived through. None of that has any real impact on my life because I've had the opportunity to build a life that I can control and enjoy despite what idiot happens to be in the w/h this year.

super71 and profhulk like this.