Trump on Airplanes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Trump on Technology:
    "... something that is so obviously the future. I want the United States to win through competition, not by blocking out currently more advanced technologies. We must always be the leader in everything we do, especially when it comes to the very exciting world of technology!"

Sounds great, doesn't it? Except that he has proposed slashing NASA budgets, trying to go back to coal and many other things which don't align with this...

For example, let's look at what he thinks about airplanes:
    "Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly. Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better."

The reality is that airline technology has made air travel incredibly safe... but Trump also tries to take credit for that:

"Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!"

But wait... there's no commercial airline deaths since 2009, but I guess it must be because you were soooo "strict" on commercial aviation that it went back in time to prevent deaths from before you even took office!

Huzzah.

Oh yea, and the "too expensive" Boeing planes he railed about? Well, they are still costing ~4 billion in the new deal... and now he's touting how they'll be colored red white and blue like that's the most important part of the deal.

*rolls eyes*

Geressen likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Let's also not forget he thinks the US Navy should go back to using steam:
    upload_2019-3-12_15-54-19.png

Geressen likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Also this:

[​IMG]