Trump Transition: "Interesting Times"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

black people weren't any more likely to vote for an old jew than they were for a white b1tch. he would not have won the general.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

they are funny though.

Ohmin likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

1) Those are graphics, not graphs, there's no data there, it's just opinions with colors
    2) I agree that "I have seen bad graphs, therefore all graphs are bad" is illogical
    3) Especially since that doesn't apply to words apparently

But yea, it's a reason, and it's one that is mirrored in political side of things - where people cherry pick examples and use that to vilify entire groups, and then don't apply the same principle to other things.

DarkJello and Ohmin like this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

6. Sokolov

Trump to Tech CEOs:

"And we’re gonna do fair trade deals. We’re going to make it a lot easier for you to trade across borders because of a lot of restrictions, a lot of problems that I think you’ll see. And if you have any ideas on that, that would be, that would be great because there are a lot of border restrictions and a lot of border problems, you probably have less of a problem than some companies, some companies have—you have some problems.”"

What?

So you were anti-free trade and protectionist, and want to "win trade" and increase tariffs. But now you are also saying you will make "fair trade deals" (whatever that means) and make it "a lot easier for you to trade across borders."

At the same time, he's talked about reducing HB visas... which is what these tech companies rely on to bring in talent.

And what border problems do you think these tech companies have, exactly? Any details at all? Or you just want to say "you have problems, and I can fix them?"

Seriously, I don't even understand WTF Trump is saying half the time he talks - it's like he talks in circles and doesn't end up actually saying anything.

This is probably what frustrates me most about having him as President-Elect. Maybe he's actually, "like, a smart person" as he says, but man, does have to sound like an ignorant moron every time he opens his mouth?! It's so hard to give someone a chance when they constantly spew nonsense from their mouth and the words sometimes contradict his other words.

Ultimately, Trump's actions and words just make it seem like he doesn't actually care about the job and he is having fun trolling everyone.

It's so absurd.

That said, I don't think it'll matter much for the country, it seems increasingly clear to me that he's just a mouthpiece and the real work will be done by his cabinet members (and those people are scary as hell, IMO).

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    NevrGonaGivUup and BurnPyro like this.
  7. Ragic

ill be happy to translate. "hey tech companies, you get to kiss my ring like everyone else. start hiring americans."

Baskitkase, DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You forgot the "capiche?!" in there

Geressen likes this.
  9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I was thinking about this.

Most world leaders talk about things and make promises, and then do something different (or not at all). Sometimes they are lying, sometimes circumstances prevent them, usually I think they are saying what they might, maybe, want to do while knowing full well that they won't be able to do it, but at that point people will have forgotten what they said anyway.

People know this on some level, and so despite an initial shock that Trump is so brazen about it, it's kinda hard to care when he is inconsistent or outright lying, or saying two contradictory things in the same sentence.

It's like most politicians do anyway, just speeded up.

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'm curious do you think all tech companies need to hire out of country to bring in talent, do you not think it wise to start making companies hire from their own country to produce some jobs ? With all of the CIA, FBI, military leaks and espionage going on by now you'd think they would want to start hiring in house to prevent such things.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Highly qualified people have always come to 1st world western countries cause they have far less opportunity in their own.

Braindrain has always been a thing, simply because the jobs can't always be filled in the own country.

DarkJello likes this.
  12. DarkJello

The most influential, and dangerous, cartoonist in ze vorld opines on how Trump can defeat ISIS.

Persuasion and ISIS

The long term persuasion play is to slowly drain ISIS of any illusion that someday they will be happily making love to their multiple wives while their many children are studying the holy scriptures. You ruin that illusion by putting the women and children from ISIS territory in the safe zone, unavailable to the adult men of ISIS now or later. Once ISIS has been reduced to nothing but horny, angry men with no biological future, they will turn on each other because all of that energy has to go somewhere. Here I’m assuming the border countries have their own walls to keep ISIS in. That’s happening as we speak.

Humans are biological entities before they are mental entities. Our biology influences our minds. And our most important biological imperative is to reproduce. When ISIS sees their biological future escaping to safe zones it will leave them with nothing. Their caliphate will become a jail.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/154553282956/persuasion-and-isis

13. Sokolov

DarkJello likes this.
  14. DarkJello

15. Ragic

NPR has its fair share of liberal snarkiness

16. DarkJello

Not too many sharky libs on there though, so that be good.

[​IMG]

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  17. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Trump talks like a student giving a book report without having read the book.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Know your audience

DarkJello likes this.
  19. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

Its interesting to see the opinions of those who see trumps words as spoken by some moron or just have a hard time grasping them. Yes the man who has multiple billions of dollars, lots of international companies, has been dealing with the elite class in multiple nations for decades, Wins presidency of the USA while using less money than opponent, Has some of the most powerful people in the world clamoring to be at a table with him,etc etc etc.....is a moron who has no real grasp of anything and will have to have other people run things for him, since he really has no clue. He does not nearly have the resume or life experience as game forum kids, so it is definatley him that is the fool who needs others to explain things to him lol

SPiEkY, DarkJello and super71 like this.
  20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think people might want to start thinking about Hilary becoming president still or Obama remaining president. Obama trying to get tough with Putin with 30 something days left is pretty insane, it really just shows what his mindset is for the United States future.

I would be fine with this if we had been presented any factual information involving the hacks, however we still have no facts and it's getting eerily similar to weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Useless war, trillions of dollars, going to war with Putin is entirely different then going to war with Iraq.

SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.