Trump Transition: "Interesting Times"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Dec 14, 2016.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Internet platinum right there. So snarky. So insightful/inciteful. So much of the, dare I say, almost Christmas spirit. ;)

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Does anyone in their right mind think that anyone but Trump will be president for the next four years though? You have alluded to this a number of times, I'm not very much in the loop these days, but it seems to me that in an anti-establishment election, going for the ultimate establishment backstab is the second dumbest thing anyone has ever done politically. The first being cheating Bernie Sanders out of the election.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Important to note that they already did do what you're calling the dumbest thing anyone has ever done politically. So we already know they have not only the capacity, but the willingness to make incredibly stupid political moves.

DarkJello and Geressen like this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yet you would think that having gone through that, you don't make a similar monumental error.

Seriously though, is there anything actually going on like this?

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Not sure why the left keeps giving trump opportunities to win. They're just adding to his mystique with every failure to trip him up.

And they're pissing him off. I get the feeling that's not smart.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

There are many people which are pushing for the Electoral College to defy the results of the election (as can be their privilege, though it's very rarely been done), as well as urging them to "take into account" the concept of how alleged Russian hacks and leaks of DNC/Clinton Campaign material may have affected the election. In fact, there's been a push for the CIA to brief the College on that issue prior to their vote... while they have denied, apparently, giving a full briefing to the Senate.

Take for example this: http://www.hamiltonelectors.com/ which speaks more to the first part than the second part but none the less is important.

There is also the much less likely possibility of Congress itself not confirming (all of) the EC's votes during the counting of said votes, though this process is much more convoluted and difficult to pull off.

So it's possible... and thus reasonable to question whether or not it's happening, and to be concerned/elated at attempts to push it forward.

Likely to succeed? Can't really speak to that. But probability is less important than the ultimate outcome. There are many times where unlikely events have shaped history. Regardless it doesn't mean people won't try.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. DarkJello

He has won the election 3-4 times now. Gift that keeps on giving.

Strategically, I don't know what in the world the Dems be thinking.

Is he mad, or is he laughing all the way to the proverbial bank?

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You see before this election I might have agreed with you, but given the fact that the conversation is even being circulated about throwing out the electoral college or redoing it just shows where we have fallen too. Their is nothing the democrats aren't willing to do right now and that is the scariest part in my opinion not the Russians, Chinese, Middle East.

When I see Obama going hard at the Russians with 30 odd days left it really gets me thinking, especially considering his non confrontational approach with literally everyone else. The democrats are currently in a corner and this is typically when the real fights begin.

Their are also many signs that lead me to believe trump will never make it into office, time will tell though and I hope he gets in peacefully.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    DarkJello likes this.
  9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

super, you let the news media worry you too much. they have to hype it up to get you to watch. there is zero chance that trump wont be your next president. relax.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I don't watch the news really lol, just a lot of things I've noticed these past 2 months.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Incidentally, as a Chinese, I had never heard this phrase said by a Chinese person.

According to:
    https://www.chinasprout.com/community/guestcolumns/21

"But what is most noteworthy about the expression is that it is not Chinese. There is no such expression, "May you live in interesting times," in Chinese. It is a non-Chinese creation, most probably American, that has been around for at least 30 or 40 years. It appears in book prefaces, newspapers (frequently in the New York Times) and speeches, as an eye- or ear-catcher, although I have not found it in Bartlett's Quotations or other quotation sourcebooks. I speculate that whoever it was who first coined it attempted to give the expression a mystique, and so decided to attribute it to the Chinese."

NevrGonaGivUup and Geressen like this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I didn't think that was a Chinese expression.

I believe DarkJello to be a liar.

I also believe it to be a curse or threat rather than an expression.

I find it baffling that you are so attached to a system which results in such a bismal percentage of proportional representation in goverment. I think it is partly because the system is American and you want to keep it for that fact alone.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  13. Sokolov

Ah, so Trump finally admits his supporters were violent, mean and vicious:
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...pporters-were-vicious-violent-during-campaign

""You people were vicious, violent, screaming, 'Where's the wall? We want the wall!' Screaming, 'Prison! Prison! Lock her up!' I mean you are going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right?" Trump said in Orlando, Fla., during a stop on his “thank you” tour.

"But now, you're mellow and you're cool and you're not nearly as vicious or violent, right? Because we won, right?""

~

Ah, this election, haha

BurnPyro likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Wave_(experiment)

16. DarkJello

Thanks for pointing out yet another bit of fake news. Helps me escape matrix another millimeter.

17. DarkJello

I knew some would fall for this fake news story, but I honestly did NOT believe someone of your caliber would be snookered.

18. Sokolov

Ancient Japanese Saying:
    Chinese proverbs are like fortune cookies; "You never know what you are going to get". They are also made in the USA.

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  19. Sokolov

In what way is it fake?

20. DarkJello

Did u watch the actual rally, or just an edited clip?