Trump Transition: "Interesting Times"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Dec 14, 2016.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It's almost like it made us more vocal or something. Crazy, right?

DarkJello likes this.
  2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Trump has had about a dozen "thank you" rallies. Press conferences are not needed frequently, like they were WAY back in the old system. ;):p:cool:

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

my guess is the left prefer echo chambers

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I just don't understand why we can't discuss topics in a civil manner instead of always just attacking the other side. Then they whine the loudest when they get attacked back. What did you think was going to happen?

newsbuff likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

wow there baby sok

generalizations please

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

at least Burn gets it

Geressen likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Incidentally, this is exactly how I feel about Trump.

He attacks various people/groups, then the media and others call him out on it and he is like "Who? Me? That's not fair! I am a victim!"

Geressen likes this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

you don't understand

Trump doesn't play by the rules, he's a real businessman

get punked liberals

9. Sokolov

How do people feel about Trump doing those Thank You tours instead of taking intelligence briefings, including when the head of Mossad came over and briefed Trump's staff?

I think the thank you tours are a cool idea from a morale/PR perspective and I do think that's part of the President/President-elect's job in general, but I do wish Trump acted like he was taking his new role more seriously in terms of the actual day to day work.

DarkJello, Ohmin and BurnPyro like this.
  10. Sokolov

Also, I wasn't paying as much attention to US politics back when Obama was initially elected 8 years ago - but was there this much scrutiny over his cabinet picks? This seems new.

Is the attention on Trump's pick because of his choices? Are they really that controversial versus previous administrations? If so, why?

Is it just MSM bias?

~

But yea, I'd argue his cabinet picks certainly is no way "draining the swamp" the way his supporters and Bannon seemed to have wanted.

BurnPyro likes this.
  11. Ragic

I think Sok is taking his last gasp as the clock tics down on the electors voting today. hope fades, the center can not hold. yadda yadda.

the sun also rises dude.

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

ok, I admit I did indulge in some point scoring, but a question I am genuinely interested in, is how Trump voters feel about the cabinet being dominated by the ultra rich and how you feel about that in relation to the antiestablishment sentiment Trump channelled .

@darkspikeyragicbaskitetc

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  13. Ragic

so he should appoint some coal miner to his cabinet? or a political hack? if Obama's cabinet is an example of what 'experienced' people do then im ok with the successful businessmen and generals.

its not inconsistent with drain the swamp at all. hes getting rid of the political hacks. the fact that they are already rich as hell and don't need to use their office to line their pockets (cough Hillary cough), that's a plus.

DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.
  14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I feel pretty similar to Ragic. The guys he's putting in his cabinet are generally pretty successful people (as opposed to just rich), which I'm okay with, for the most part.

15. Sokolov

Generally, as I have said before, I am not sure WHO he could pick that wouldn't be criticized for one reason or another.

That said, it seems to me like a lot of the people he is putting in are exactly the types that Trump attacked on his campaign trail:
    • Career politicians
    • Big Bank types
    • Crony capitalists (most of them donated money to him and are well connected in the political sphere)
    • etc.
    So I guess one question might be... are there people he could have picked that you wouldn't like? If so, who might that have been?

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

liberals.

BurnPyro likes this.
  17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Actually, I'd love it if he got a few libs in there, to help get a different perspective.

Ohmin likes this.
  18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

LIBERALS.

SPiEkY and BurnPyro like this.
  19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

That list could get mighty long.

But...
    Can we back up to this?

First I heard about it. More details please.

DarkJello likes this.
  20. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!