Tundra Reformation

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, May 22, 2015.

1. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Oh and can ferren assassin get his name reverted back to ferren ninja?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Entrepidus likes this.
  2. Beasts for life

Here are some suggested changes for Ferren, if no khan do is replaced by Ferren focus. (Preferably @Entrepidus idea)

Ferpent: replace snow fall ranks with swap 2-3 Ferren focus to base.

Ferren assassin: -3 DMG upgrade path 2: assassinate rank 2 replaced with deploy snow trap.

Ferren brawler: not sure seems alright

Ferren dancer: this champ is so ****** but for starters range 4-5, attack magical and maybe reduce florish from 10 to 6 or 7 Nora. Ferren focus to base.

Ferren master: upgrade path 1: arrow throw replaced with dodge 1 and reposte replaced with block 1.Crippling disciple removed doesn't need two disciples.

Ferren pouncer: -2 def -4 hp upgrade path 2: reflex ranks replaced with evasive ranks.( brawler already has reflex ranks) and improve DMG replaced by swap 2 or 3

Ferren snowspinner: range to 4-5 upgrade path 1: swap 3 replaced with snow strike. Ferren focus to base

Ferren wanderer: 1-2 range. idk I need help with this one in order to keep it under 75 Nora.

Ferren wind walker: upgrade path 1: still life replaced with dashing maneuver. dashing maneuver replaced with Ferren focus

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Just looked at this again it should be fine considering granted abilities and race types aren't transferred to the other champion when split or replicated.

4. KingJad

5. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@Beasts for life

I don't suggest replacing NKD with Ferren Focus, directly. My idea is to replace the Discipline abilities with Ferren Focus (minus the two Disciplines I mentioned as possible splash abilities), instead. NKD doesn't need to go so much as it needs to be adjusted to a more workable state alongside buffs/nerfs to the respective Monks that crutch on it or are sandbagged by it.

Just to reiterate, these are the individual changes I'd suggest to Ferren/Kas champs while this is how I'd divvy out NKD ranks if converted to such.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

ya i'm more in favor of the disciplines changing then nkd.

not quite sure how but I suspect soko will do fine, ferren were always his thing and he gets them best, I've never liked them much myself.

7. Beasts for life

I just feel that removing no khan do would help reduce cost. I don't want to pay 8 Nora for nohkando do, 5 for Ferren focus, and 3 for a disciple abillity. So by removing nohkando Ferren become their own theme and that 8 Nora can toward some abillitys to make them more moblile and offensive. The only one I can see keeping it is master. Ferren focus prompts you to attack and nohkando wants you to save AP. They just don't go together in my opinion.

8. KingJad

Can we clean up the flavor text associated with monks and nohkan do I love lore. It'd be nice if it made sense.

9. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

You're assuming my suggested changes to NKD wouldn't lower the cost due to ranks, my version of Ferren Focus wouldn't be cheaper and that every monk would have a Discipline (they most certainly wouldn't).

Going back to my original point, NKD should be a Monk thing. There's nothing wrong with Ferren having NKD, but removing Monk from certain Ferren (Wanderer, Dancer, Snowspinner, etc.) would help distinguish Ferren from their current wannabe-Beast Monk status.

Goyo likes this.
  10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Markoth suggested Bestow for Aspect of Infinity. I find it very interesting.

12. KingJad

Bestow on a champion who's entire upgrade path is on-deploy effects?

13. KingJad

Strig Magebane
    Speed from 7 to 6
    Starting Abilities: Arctic Flight, Attack: Magical, Boon of the Wind
    U1: Magical Bomb 3<+0 nora>, Magic Blast <Default>, Magic Acolyte <+o Nora>
    U2: Dark Favor 1 <Default>, Hex 1 <+o nora>, Drain 2 <+0 nora>

Strig Warlock
    Starting Abilities: Attack: Magical, Paralyze, Swarm: Arctic Beast, Boon of the Wind
    U2: Consume <Default>, Dark healing<+1 nora>, Chill <+0 nora>

question for @Sokolov is there anyway tailwind could go down to about 14 nora. 18 seems like way to much for an ability that only triggers if you move and if the champions are flying. Not to mention a 6 speed champion without mobility isn't really going to make use of the ability much.

Strig Galerider (He wants his old name back)
    Starting Abilities: Arctic Flight, Attack: Physical, Boon of the Wind, Tailwind
    U1: Bravery<-4 nora>, Swoop <Default>, Initiative 1 <+1 nora>
    U2: Mobility<Default> Retreat 1 <-1 nora>, Retreat 2 <+3 nora>

Strig Legwhip
    Starting Abilities: Arctic Flight, Attack: Whip, Dragging Attack, Boon of the Wind

Boon of the Wind cost from 6 to 2 (3 at most)

Figured I'd move this here

14. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You have read his post, he suggested to swap upgrades paths and open Upgrades1 to make use of it.

15. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Feedback ? Do we really need to send feedback so that there incompetence don't show in balancing of the game ? I watch every single patch and im in awe how much ignorance and incompetence is coming from devs in charge of ST balance.We are left with no good runes or themes .. Everything is njahhh you can playing it but don't expect much.
    What kind of person gives frost/elemental exo to a faction that frost decks are over nerfed and can't be played and elemental deck don't work ?
    And what about changing of old runes like Lonx defender ? What did he do to deserve a nerf ? No one plays him and still he got nerfed :D
    You ppl are running ST on a road of doom and you only want feedback so you don't look stupid like when you gave stun to a 0 dmg jakei maiden or rapid attack on strig that had pull and you never even tested if those 2 even work , well it does not work.
    You don't want to make ST better or more fun you just don't want to look stupid and you really are when it comes to this faction , you don't understand it and you have no clue what to do with it , so you shoot random runes out that don't do anything or over nerf runes that are playable.
    Its a sad day for Pox and ST.
    And side note :
    After 6 months after promise made public by Sokolov there is still no change to KF racial. So much for your word as a person.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  16. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

you know st elementals is one of the best decks st has right now right?

17. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

When you have only meat in the fridge what do you eat ? Fruit ?

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ironic that these are things I fixed.

19. Sokolov

You are going to have to show me where I "promised" to change the KF faction bonus. I have spent considerable time looking into the bonus, but would never "promise" to do something like that specifically.

20. Sokolov

The idea of giving and getting feedback is so that players can become involved in help in some way shape the game they like to play, and we will continue to consider player feedback in our process.