Twin Harp (Legendary KF Equip)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Twin Harp
    Rune Type: Equipment | Faction: K'thir Forest | Rarity: Legendary | Deck Limit: 2
    Effect: When this rune is equipped, all other copies of this rune are revealed in the runedock and the equipped champion gains Soothing Serenade and Resonance. While two or more Twin Harps are in play at the same the time, all friendly champions have Tempo and Mobility.
    Artwork: Inside a large hollow tree trunk are two levitating lyres. One harp is golden and emblazoned with the sun. The other shimmers with a silver light and has a crescent moon and stars on it. Various forest creatures appear to be worshiping the twin objects.
    Flavor Text: "The high elves of K'thir, through long lost magics, created the Twin Harps in the earliest days of the forest. It is believed the music from these instruments first made possible the alliance between elf and beast that is seen in effect today." -Master Bard, Sipn
    Nora Cost: 25

Kampel, Tweek516 and IronStylus like this.
  2. Xirone

@Sokolov This is my attempt to make an interesting Legendary-level equip. If released as a mid-term, there is still incentive for peeps to buy two of them. The rune feels a little cheap at 25 nora but it does take two of them (50 nora) to have full effect. This could be the first of a number of faction equips that have a stronger effect when two copies are in play at the same time.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  3. Xirone

To go a little farther, the harps could have unique names....

Arx'l, Twin Harp
    Aeowyn, Twin Harp

Each of these would have a deck limit of 1.

IronStylus likes this.
  4. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

N
    Global tempo ability is strong, mobility is a nice addition imo. global ap gain for spells fit KF really nicely and it's comparable to the effect of mass teleport or more like slipstream fulcrum. the difference is that champions get raw ap instead of relocation similar to bard's powerturn but it will be available for lower cost (2 equips revealed which makes games more random, 2 champions out, cheap KF spells). the nora cost could be higher than 25 because one harp is still a good equip on its own (spot pacify).

Xirone likes this.
  5. Xirone

Nice eval of the rune. 30 Nora would probably be okay for the equip. The set of runes is powerful but a single Shatter will counter the global effects.

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'd rather call them something simple: Harmony and Serenity, then tie the flavour text to Bliss the Muse:

Harmony and Serenity, the Twin Harps
    Rune Type: Equipment | Faction: K'thir Forest | Rarity: Legendary | Deck Limit: 2
    Effect: When this rune is equipped, all other copies of this rune are revealed in the runedock and the equipped champion gains Soothing Serenade and Resonance. While two or more Twin Harps are in play at the same the time, all friendly champions have Tempo and Mobility.
    Artwork: A conclave of different forest creatures has gathered around Bliss the Muse as she sings gently, the harps hovering above her. One harp is golden and emblazoned with the sun. The other shimmers with a silver light and has a crescent moon and stars on it. Golden and silvery musical notes stream from them both, surrounding Bliss and the forest folk.
    Flavor Text: "The songs, arias and hymns of Bliss bring comfort to all those who are willing to listen." - Elora, Elven Bard
    Nora Cost: 30

Kampel, Xirone and Tweek516 like this.
  7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Really cool. Global tempo would probably be OP, but hey we'll see.

MaruXV likes this.
  8. Xirone

Awesome, good job! I like this best!

MaruXV likes this.
  9. Tweek516

MaruXV, Etherielin and Xirone like this.
  10. Xirone

To be fair, if Tailwind is allowed to give as much global AP to flying champs as it does, with no further set up than deploying a champ and moving, global Tempo with a two-rune setup is weaker. Global Tempo is good, though, no doubt about that! Perhaps it is okay because of the Legendary nature of the runes?

11. Tweek516

I don't think its weaker. Tailwind relies on you having a champ sit out of the fight and just move around, is capped at 2 ap (most of the time) and cannot be done from a standing start (could save up Nora double harp and spam spells if you really wanted to). Also has a restriction (flying).