UD blood is crazy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by profhulk, Sep 20, 2015.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

You guys think this is balanced? I dont know.... Almost every single bleed champ has blood magic. Blood magic can be activated every turn for an 8 dmg aoe that bypasses all defenses. Starting to think blood magic should have a longer cooldown if its gonna be splashed onto so many champs. Let me know if I am over reacting. Perhaps we should wait two months and see how this is after that.

2. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

Should magnus open 4 lyf.

Revengercm likes this.
  3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

i don't think it is blood magic that is the strength in bleed.

It has three very strong champs in bloodgoyle, abhorrant and bloodguard which may be more of an issue.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The only unit that I really identify as problematic is the Pet: Imp one.

Goyo likes this.
  5. badgerale

I think sok's solution to the bloodguard problem was good (make the imp weaker and give bleed synergy, and remove the imp synergy) but maybe 25 nora is to cheap for the pet (assuming no manual modifier).

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Queen Anaru certainly thinks so (though I believe the Imp is weaker than the Lerper? I haven't run Anaru in ages so I don't remember).

Anima26 likes this.
  7. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Implady needs a cost bump, and so does bloodgoyle imo. Abhorrent is only crazy because bloodgoyle poops out 90000 bloodballs for a relatively cheap cost.

8. badgerale

The story of the weird pet prices is that they were considered underpriced at the time of the revamp (which may have been because pet champs had manuel modifiers) and so the council pushed for big increases... which proved too much... i think sok may have swung back too much the other way but...

I think what a lot of people don't realise is that costs are more balanced than people think, and the power difference between champs is smaller than is perceived, so that this is why being a few nora different on an ability or champ does make a difference on the meta.

Ohmin likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dunno, blood magic has always been pretty crazy.

in before sandspray style adjustments.

10. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Pet: Imp is 15 nora, according to the patch notes. Less expensive than all the other pets. It is not the weakest pet.

11. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

I dont run a single champ with blood magic maybe im dumb

12. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Blood magic is strong, but it isnt cd 1.

13. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Hekatian Bloodguard is a bit too strong now imo. Also mb Bloodgoyle shouldn't make blood balls for literally all champs (just enemy champs?). That being said, blood is not my first priority for nerfs atm.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its not ud blood its ud mixed... the main issue is grundel alpha and bloodguard being over efficient. grundewulf lost reflection from base and its now an upgrade and they reduced the cost of bloodguard a little too much.

bloodgoyle is strong, not sure if it should be nerfed though.

Also alot of meta bgs are very strong right now compared to most themes. kf, ud, is, fs, st.

the recostings and boost changes messed up alot of things that were previously fixed or at least closer to balanced than currently. Last patch was a major step in the right direction although alot more work needs to be done. It's really the setbacks and mistakes that the devs make when balancing that make this process take so long. I feel like the devs really struggle to balance properly(because of a lack of competitive gameplay knowledge) and I am not sure they won't make major mistakes in the future. Maybe the new council will prevent some of this from happening.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you always bring up the hp ratio like that matters...

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you have no idea what you're talking about and I couldn't care less if you put me on ignore...

17. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Hey, ladies, have the following in mind:

1.-Nora-cost effective Blood champions are monetarily expensive and rare.

2.-Most factions outsmarted Bleed themes years in advance. I'm looking at you, cleansing auras!

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I don't believe this should be a factor. Or that it actually is for that matter. Aside from this, the main reason they are "expensive" is because they are so good. There are a number of Legendary and Exotic runes which are actually quite easy to get, mostly because most people think (correctly or not) that they suck.

Anima26 and Tweek516 like this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Thus guy....

profhulk likes this.
  20. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

oh noes mimimimimi

a new theme playable? whats that? blood balls everywhere? WHAT IS THAT?
    nerf it! Nerf it now. i dont know that blood stuff. its foreign. AWAY WITH IT!

Thats the reaction of at least half of you.
    Cant we be happy that there is more now than dwarves?

tldr. Dont cry for nerf just because the mechanic is new.
    ps. i hate ud with a passion :) right there with the dwarves :p

TheBulwark and jvne like this.
  21. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Blood guard needs a small cost increase maybe 3 or 4 nora other than that the bleed theme is competitive. Before we cry nerf maybe just look at the key runes that are making bleed themes too good. Bleed is a position theme and if played well they are very good, but the theme isn't overpowered some runes are just a little cheap.

Fentum likes this.