UD/FS Fire BG, would apreciate help.

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by DrakeArron, Aug 3, 2016.

1. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

So, this is an idea I had when I discovered Sixul the World Ender. How awesome would it be to have a fire BG, thats half made up of a water faction? Also, a purely fire based BG seemed like the one my new Depths Doombringer would fit best in, and a pure UD fire BG is far to boring for me.

So, here goes-
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CjBCj2C6-cw@C5NCkuC32ckBCyFs1sqS33S86s61R20R1=e1bE3q
    (I wasn't actually able to find anything from newer expansions for this, as it appears fire stuff hasn't gotten much love. So poxbase still works for this :p.)

As far as upgrades go, it's probably safe to assume I'm always taking the cheapest upgrade, with the exception of any fire eater upgrade and seism on the tortuns.
    The nice thing about this BG is that everything but the tortuns and overlords have fire eater, so I have a ton of good ways to heal my champs (essentially anything that can deal fire damage to me). Then the overlords have they're own form of healing, due to their fs bonus, and the tortuns I figure will be too far away from the action most of the time to really need it- though I do have the soulspheres and orbs just in case (and to stop any damage in general).

Also, obviously the biggest drawback to a fire bg is that if your up against another fire bg you're in a bad spot. I hope I've taken enough alternate damage sources to counteract that. (Note that the overlords will have the water damage aoe to assist in this area).

If you have any specific questions, fire away! Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Also, I have a lot of FS spells, which doesn't synergize to well with my UD doombringer, so if you have any suggestions please say them.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/cjBcj2cuWC6-cw@C5NcwICkuc32ckBcxLCyFs1sqS33S86s61R20R1=e1bE3q

If youre set on having x2 orb/soulsphere I added a Spire module to the bg.

Stitched Suppressor: replaces Magma Bunny; If you don't want to use the stitched (mason spire) then disregard the edits I made as they benefit from ability.
    Firemaw: synergizes well with fire; remove if not using Stitched Suppressor.
    Deep Leviathan: added since you can replicate and heal your bunnies and send them as a consumable for your Deep Levi. Possibly add Mail of Barbs to increase his charges and grant a free fire attack.

DrakeArron likes this.
  3. DrakeArron

I'm pretty much not attached to anything except the doombringer, Sixul, and keeping this a FS/UD fire bg :p. So I'll go full n on all your suggestions. And thanks!

4. DrakeArron

Question though- regarding the suppressor, how would I work him with all of the fire aoe stuff? Totuns I can since they'll be far away from everything, but suppressor has to be in the heat of it.

5. aseryen

I've never played soulsphere out of rock defiance so I'd be interested to see how it works, although it makes sense that with orb out it should be helpful. Which is why Stitched Suppressor got the spot. I suggested Suppressor only because you have two relics that are triggered off hp, orb can self heal but the extra hp from Mason's Spire is always nice.

Soulsphere and Orb are global effects so use him late game as a font contestor that won't ever get taken over. Or stash him behind your shrine with orb/soulsphere surrounding him should you need to use him earlier.

DrakeArron likes this.
  6. aseryen

If you were to take away an orb and a soulsphere you wouldn't need Suppressor as his presence would be reduced by not having the extra runes to support. I added Firemaw to give it something else to support other than Soulsphere/Orb but it falls apart pretty quickly if you aren't making use of all your relics when they are available.

DrakeArron likes this.
  7. DrakeArron

Awesome, thanks! I'll play around with the bg some more, see where it takes me. Luckily it seems from here any changes I make will only require common/uncommon cards, so I shouldn't have too much trouble. (I actually already have a mail :p).

8. aseryen

Ok good, let me know how it turns out

9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Fire elementals make for nice cheap meat at 68 nora and 7 spd.

In a fire deck, I quite like an orb of protection. Often stays in play a long time. Good protection from range and also gives spot damage to finish a low HP champ. Oh sorry, I see you have two already.