UD/FW vamps and life siphon

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Hehedu, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Hehedu

Hehedu The King of Potatoes

Hey guys, I'm looking to build a split faction BG, based on vampires and life siphon. My problem is that I only know the basic auto-include runes like, Demonvein, bloodbinder count, elder bloodbinder, bloodtracker and so on. Can you help me get an idea of what else might be good synergy for a BG like that? I was thinking soulthirster maybe, but there is so many possibilities.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

elsari bazaar, you can spam exertion knowing that your units will heal back
    blade of the snake you'll be able to counter the drawback with life siphon.
    Ancient's protection, because a spell is the answer people has to remove a demonvein.
    And you may want to complete the bg with blood synergy, with things like korona and such

3. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

LS is a very weak theme. You'll get better results with ff UD bleed any day.
    You can try freshly buffed seeker with fascinate tricks (echoes, spectre for stealth, wag for deaf aura), however I currently don't have runes to test it myself.

General advice:
    magus, korona, other boks are more efficient than vamps or mutants
    if you want to run count, you need to find some space for repurpose. Options are: good ole death guard, devourer, blood crest, stitched module
    good idea is to consider some cheap stuff (which is not available intheme) - cultist, dep, summoner, gobarcher, culler, etc
    bleed relics are fine, orb is great (especially with maguses and tinderbox)

4. Hehedu

Hehedu The King of Potatoes

Alright thanks, the funny thing is, I'm already running a UD bleed BG, and that lead me to the idea of building a split faction BG.
    So Korona, magus, and other champions with bleed synergy would in general work in such a BG I guess.
    Also, mandate of sheoul works very efficiently on demonvein, as GabrielQ said, life siphon puts up with blade of the snake.
    So what about soulthirster or soulbleeder, 'cause I'm not sure if I should include any of them?

5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Bleeder works better in creeps, thirster works better in soultap+db, however of course you can run any of them as colossal counter if nothing else.

6. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

I personally run a FF Vampyre theme. It works well if played around Blood Creast playstyle and running 2x of Vampyres including, Elders, Lamias and Counts ect.

7. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

I've traded and hoarded for a couple years now to get the runes for a FW/UD split Vampyre/Life Syphon bg (actually just procured the Counts these past 2 days, which is ironic because my mac still won't launch PoxNora):

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CwdCd4CaoCpLCoOCdPCuAcw-s6Zsys8fSnS86s7GsDs4fr1IR20e3ex

I used to run Vampyre x 2 instead of the archfiends; I liked the speed and took the bleed upgrade... love that AoE 4 LoL. But I figured stealth and the Ally were more important? Likewise, I used to make room for the Seeker of Blood, when I was leaning into the bleed theme more.

It's a little slow with all the 6 spd champs, but the various ally abilities and the elsari bazaar usually get 14 spaces in the first 3 turns

I opt for bleed and vaporize on the Elder Bloodbinders, and use the orbs for ranged protection.

I used to have a bloodfiend because it was cheap and everything's so expensive... but it kept dying before I could use it

The purefires are super versatile; the hp loss from the cleanse is not such a problem with Life Syphon, I'm not sure if it works vs perseverance... it should if perseverance is dispelled before the damage is applied. It's good to knock off a badly wounded champ

I think the demolish and mandate of sheoul, are negotiable and could be replaced. I dig the crown of corruption though

I think this is a more mid-game bg. Champs are far too expensive to rush or even have much early game presence, and nothing really grows over time for a late game.

Sam
    (@GabrielQ )

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Ok, Sam, in this kind of bgs, I think that one goes full bleed or one simply forgets about it, In your case, you are not going for it and that's fine.
    In that bg you can rush and you can outgrow, because dealing with a demonvein is harder at the beginning of the game, so you should aim to get him right into the opponent if you have the chance, the same can be said of soulthirster (soulbleeder is a bit too squishy with impatient, you should replace it), of course these will grow with time with life siphon.
    What you have to try to avoid at all cost is giving your opponents chance to one round your champions, and for that, giving damage mitigation to your champions will be useful, orb of protection is nice, but there is too little fire damage for it to be efficient IMO, shroud on elder bloodbinder will help, and you can run demon shields also.
    In case that the game stalls for some reason, you have the chance of spamming exertion oneverything, and let the gloombringers, counts and demonveins grow.

9. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

Ok I think demon shields instead of orbs for the demonveins (and switch to shroud on bloodbinders.... blood magic requires them to be too close to the action anyway), and find room for an ancient's protection. They kept getting blinked or vertical pushed or one rounded by ranged so that should help them. I'll get a thirster. I didn't think about the endgame possibility of counts/goblins/demonveins/and now thirster

I could drop the crown of corruption and do a stealth/posses with the archfiends? My only other concern is without the orbs I don't really have any relics to contest fonts with.

Thanks for your thoughts

Sam

10. Ramymanify

Ramymanify The King of Potatoes

11. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I use an SP/FW theme, rellaying on powerfull SP beaters + LS assist from FW, it's working fine for me, if you want me to post it, just say ;)

12. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Im saying

13. Ifem21

14. TheBulwark

15. Ifem21

In what sense? You gonna try, or it's just weird?

16. TheBulwark

I dont have the runes but ill watch you lol

17. BillWong

BillWong New Member

18. Ifem21

Take away this 2x Bloodworms, there are better options for lower price (like Archfiend and/or Bloodtracker).

TheBulwark likes this.
  19. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I use archfiends due to price. The start at 14ish damage with the split faction bonus, lifesyphon and frightful blows makes the a fantastic tank/beater. I run blood magic on him so to still bring a bleed mechanic. If you opt to use more blood magic, you don't need blood trackers as much but they are not to be ignored. After going through my own BG, I think a split bleed is better than a split vamp theme. Use hekation arbiters for massive damage, korona to ramp your champs, and put lifesyphon on your tanks (demonvaynes and archfiends). with counter attack on the arbiters and putting a demon shield on korona, the main hitters have a lot of defenses against ranged and pack a huge punch. Also use bok mistress. Great support for the theme.

This is my bleed BG. https://poxbase.com/deck/CwdcjKcd4ClQcuOCpLcoOCfNckMCg=c76s6Zsys2=s4@s2Hs8fsnS7GsDr1Ir2Pr8eN

20. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I'm running UD/FW creeps and never thought of running the bleeder (who is one of my favourite champs) so will definitely add him - so thanks for the tip.