UD has gone downhill

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Theoutcast, May 12, 2016.

1. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Ive been gone from the game for about 4 or 5 expansions. UD has not gotten many playable runes since ive been gone. Naria are garbage. Who the hell has been leading the direction of the faction. Just about every other faction i play against uses mostly new runes. All the playable UD runes are old stuff (for the most part). UD players should be complaining to get faction on right path. Rant over ty for reading.

super71 and SMh7 like this.
  2. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

UD have the better chicks...

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

There have been a lot of playable/good UD runes in the last 4-5 expansions...

4. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

You are right. Except for Boundless Entusiasm. That is good.

5. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Agreed

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Its not that UD hasn't got good stuff lately, it's that UD meta hasn't.

Minotaur render
    Minotaur mageknight
    Goblin king
    Red tipped raptor

These are all strong runes, but they are mostely run in themes.

The demon runes haven't been bad - slithering, new imp... they just haven't been good enough to make meta.

If you go back a couple of expansions to path of De'lim however there was the blood abhorrent, demonic sandclaw, and nefari informant - abhorrent is themed, sandclaw sees some meta play, but informant is a standard meta include. Drain vitality also sees play.

But I agree that Naria havent felt very UD, and I'm hoping that next expansion will see more big ******** demon bastards.

SMh7 likes this.
  7. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Drain vitality is a great rune. Very true.

8. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Naria was a huge insult to UD, they gave us a KF SPLIT that was KF theme'd, and also gave KF an extra LEG.

UD is getting heavily bullied (not intentionally, rather out of ignorance) in the way our runes are being designed. Where is our synergy? No, its UD just give them Damage, its the faction style.

Believe me, if this crap mindset from designing our runes keeps going, it's gonna get much, much worse.

super71 and nepyonisdead like this.
  9. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

They don't even give UD the most damage anymore.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just like KF not being the fastest or ST not having the most hp.

11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Have you taken a gander at Sheoul Demon lately? That thing is nuts.

chris0024 likes this.
  12. H3II

H3II The King of Potatoes

Cant agree more !!! they could've made them demons !! but noooo lets make them "vamps" that can be FW too ! and in the same time let them be plants and treefolks ! i would take a demon tree anytime over a vampyr plant !

13. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Slitherine Yo

14. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't mind seeing more mutant demons to promote some kind of Pincushion/Hookfiend/Slitherine theme.

super71 and Gnomes like this.
  15. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Eh, where did you get that from?

16. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Sadly you are extremely right. UD is now inferior to SL , FW and other factions. Minos are still very viable though but overall I agree as a UD player your theme options are very limited. I think this is the reason why UD is the least played faction right now.

Cheers for bringing the issue up and I hope the mods take this thread into account for next expansion designs

17. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

UD has fundamental problems yet to be dealt with. Demon ace, 95% unrunnable equips and relics, lack of variety in terms of strategy in the themes, lack of race/class abillities like commander/defender etc.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  18. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Yay for treefolk, plant, vampire demon things. The entire FF UD BG I use is all older runes (not that its necessarily a bad thing) but the new runes have blown chunks. I thought the Gobo King was gonna be good but he was ripped up and nerfed so fast we didn't really get a chance to see what we could do with him. Someone mentioned Sheoul Demon...well, throw Bok Gatekeeper into that discussion as well and gahroonling. All those older runes were buffed but they are all old. All the new stuff gets nerfed so fast or isn't UD, so they aren't used. Go go drain vitality...guess we'll run it 'till they nerf it to the ground as well...

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

From playing the game? Pretty sure FS/ST got some 8 speeds and KF has been getting 5 base speeds.

There are UD, IS and ST champs with higher base hp than ST units.
    Where are you getting this from? If you're going off DoW UD is in first place.

Bondman you're starting to sound like Pedeguerra lol.

20. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I agree with the first part of what you said. IMO, Sok is "violating" the standard issue of some of the factions (high speeds in other factions besides KF, high hp in non-ST etc). Whether this is good or bad is yet to be determined I suppose. It is apparently bad because this expansion did not keep our player count high for long at all...:(

Ped is way above my league but I'm trying! :D