UD/IS Clone Defiance

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by aseryen, May 23, 2017.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

This can get moved to Split but there's a Rock Defiance combination for each faction so I think that it's ok to put this thread here.

So, not only does UD have Sovereign Bounty, it now has Clone Matter. And of course Spare Parts can get used with UD since Demonvein Vampyre is FW/UD and has Consume which is one of the best abilities paired with Spare Parts and Groble.

It's only a matter of time before each faction gets some kind of Race manipulation spell, especially now that UD has reason to run Spare Parts, I only think it's fair that each faction be given a S/R/E that can manipulate unit races. Demon Blood for UD, IS can get Troll Blood.

All that being said, what UD rune do I want to get Rock Defiance on first?! Not that it wasn't feasible before, but now with Clone Matter/Masons Spire (Collector/Builder) UD has access to one of the most spammy playstles in Poxnora.

Goblin King is obviously going to be x2 which means I would want x2 Grobles; I don't play much UD because the runes used to be so expensive and also because it was too much of a hassle to get Rock Defiance as a main theme in UD...that's no longer a problem so I need to familiarize myself with some more UD runes...Minotaurs with Stonearm Sash...

TL;DR tell me what UD champions should get Stonearm Sash cloned onto them?

2. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Minotaurs that opposing players have the most trouble killing are Battlemage, Mageknight (dependent on triggering Adaptive via UD spellset though), and Gladiator. Thunderhoof is also probably worthwhile to look at but is a more one-dimensional champion. Battlemage and Mageknight also benefit from having intrinsic healing capabilities.

aseryen likes this.
  3. aseryen

Yes Battlemage is one I have been wanting to play for a long long time. Grintmaw Shaman(w/Magic Eater) and Battlemage is a combo I have wanted to play for a while but never did because it was just Spare Parts in UD. I need to look at all the runes in UD over again.

Now that there is the Replicate Module, I'm going to be posting a lot for UD. There are so may breakdowns for Spare Parts, and then adding Clone Matter into the mix gets really tight for slots, that is the case for my FW/IS Clone Matter bgs, I wonder what/if there will be any Constructs for UD. I believe there is one in the player made expansion which will be yet another slot to juggle/switch out while playing.

4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

You should look on our new Lodestone Megalith, that combined with goblin kings can make a nightmare BG :)
    tried it earlier before it was buffed...
    hmm from UD i def look at the goblins that can steal abilities
    if you want to go superchamp i think vothsair with stonearm sash and its arrow eating with a kingmaker that makes it majestic would be horrible, but it can still get hit by spells so its a huge investment.

hmm just noticed alot of minotaurs got class brute+other class, so getting them a few beers from dwarf beermaide gives hp,dmg and regen 2, a drunk minotaur-barbarian bg? :)

aseryen likes this.
  5. aseryen

Yeah the Race:Class synergies are huge in Pox, it's a very intricate web. Going to start making bg breakdowns by Race/Class/Faction for Clone Matter similar to how Spare Parts can be placed in as a mini-module or as the main theme of a bg.

Luckily their are less classes than races so I can start with classes then move to other factions.

Then there is the whole decision of FF or Split and which way favor when you split. I'm already having a lot of fun balancing slots.

6. Hierokliff

hmm dont make them nerf my lodestone megalith!
    upload_2017-5-24_19-15-3.png

Woffleet and aseryen like this.
  7. aseryen

How is the speed that high?

8. Hierokliff

Not gonna tell you my secrets....they are miiiine muahahaha :)

9. aseryen

Double time slip? That's all I can think of to stack that much spd

10. Hierokliff

I have no idea actually, it did just keep getting +spd every turn against AI.
    was testing if medal of valor is buggy on Lodestone since it changes range every end/start of turn and noticed it did get insane spd also somehow. need to test more before i bugreport it.

11. aseryen

Ahh, I've had issues with uncapped spd as well where it keeps generating. I've never been able to replicate it but I do play MoV so if that is the cause it would be interesting. I can't say if it was Megalith or not but it was definitely in an IS bg of mine.

12. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

If you want to run effective Ireguards, I'd recommend gong UD FW with FW shrine.

Ireguard with tempest crown in DMZ is problematic for opponents.

Fading recollection for pesky shatters / cc abilities.

aseryen likes this.
  13. aseryen

To start I'm going to focus on

Goblins
    Minos
    Vampyres

I have the day off tomorrow so I'm going to do some theory crafting for a bit.

Demons (Vothsair, Bok, etc) will prolly get looked at as I am awarded them while I play. There are so many runes I want to play but not enough time to play anymore.

14. Hierokliff

tip, if you play the UD faction training/tutorial you get 30 UD runes, its a fast way to get 30 runes for each faction .-) not sure if they are worth it but...its a few mins to crush enemy shrine for it.
    Not really sure how you planned to use clone matter ability? does it work on your own champs and not just enemytargets?

aseryen likes this.