UD/KF RPG deck (with only 6 champs)

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by fogandsteel, Aug 1, 2016.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I had problems with having no champion available for deploy in early turns, but with new mulligan mechanic, it's not that bad. I seem to just be unable to find units for this deck that would match the awesomeness of Voth Ireguard. So instead of adding mediocre units to the deck, I just add more cool spells, equipment, and relics.

Expecting what you opponent will do and effectively countering him are slightly different things.

2. fogandsteel

Yeah, I just asked Sok to remove "Faithless" from Voth Ireguard. I am sure he will listen to this perfectly reasonable request.

Fentum likes this.
  3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

VERY reasonable ;8)

fogandsteel likes this.
  4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh, yeah, 'cause if there's anything the Ireguard needs, it's to cost even more nora.

Fentum and davre like this.
  5. fogandsteel

If he loses "Faithless," it's completely worth it. I have played extensively with faithless champs, and quite often not being able to cast spells when you have the needed spells and have the nora to cast them costs you the match.

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, I've had a different experience with it.

Fentum likes this.
  7. Fentum

You KNOW he has faithless so just watch your positioning. Cast a dark pact early.

8. fogandsteel

Update: Using the idea of granting Majestic to Ireguard that @Fentum suggested, I looked for sources of Majestic in KF/UD and found Starlight Sylph (included her x2). Also changed about half the runes; now I run 11 champs (swapped Jyx for Zoalt thanks to suggestion by @SPiEkY) . Anyways, I got to the Exotic rank and to around 1250 rating in the last couple of days with this BG, and I am only Level 63 and don't know (haven't read descriptions of) 80% of the runes. So again, I think somebody much more experienced than I am could do way better with this BG than I have done so far.

Edit: After, tried experimenting with Goblin Kings and took a nosedive in rating.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Fentum likes this.
  9. Fentum

Go with ST UD.

Take meaty arrow eaters from UD.

Take ranged and support from ST

2x yeti painter
    2x leoss magnate
    2x ancient implications
    2x lonx bone charm
    Crystal Phoenix targeted by sac and retri

The basic plan is a majestic, pouncing, purified, blood raged, dark pacted Ireguard causing havoc. Or pin cushion, or Vothsair monstrosity.

Much much fun.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    fogandsteel likes this.
  10. fogandsteel

I have realized the error of my ways: now I am running 12 champs. Today got to Limited and 1414 rating.

Last edited: May 11, 2017