UD meta BG

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by peolinen, Mar 12, 2015.

1. futant

futant Well-Known Member

Lately everything but minotaurs. I've every UD rune but harbs, dooms, and some uncommon, common minotaurs.
    I can't justify using him much. It's a tough little guy but it gets eaten by abilities to fast to dive into a font. Support wise I can't really stand how its abilities leave this awkward turn of down time. It's good tech, but offensively it's no terrorformer.

2. Goldleaf

Goldleaf The King of Potatoes

3. Goldleaf

Hmmm anyone?

4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

except grimlic you have no real ranged, you have 2 disciples yet no maxxarex. Bloodgoyles and bloodletters but no korona or angel of pain (for the bleeded relocate). Try a more highlander approach and see what works for you. Do you want to go meta or blood?

Try adding a nefari shockbow or stitched anathema for ranged, korona, ireguard and a nefari guardian. Deep elf scout will help with detection/shatter. Take out doubles to fit them in.

These might not fit your style, but they will improve your options in a game. You have tanks, beaters and harassers currently, but no support/utility or ranged.

Goldleaf likes this.
  5. Goldleaf

6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

why the doubles? You have lots of often expensive champs, these days they might be overwhelmed by the many cheap ones of your opponent. 1-2 champs less certainly won't do harm.

7. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Swap a demon lich for a scout. Swap a molten cloak for a tinderbox.

Other stuff too.

8. Goldleaf

I come from the stone age where everything had to be in doubles..looks like thats not the case anymore. Thanks again Fentum ill try your suggestions out.

9. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

Doubles still work, nothing wrong with them, it just depends on what runes you are using.

Generally spoken it is harder to find a UD meta today, because Sok has really done a great job in making many things viable. Lots of things work well together. That's why my advise has been and will be for now, find the stuff you're most comfortable to play with and go with it for some time. Learn what the runes in your BG do until you know blindly what to play in certain situations.

10. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm very very confused on what some people are calling meta. Bloodbow infantry is trash as far as i knew, she is outclaseed by goblin archer and by my favorite pox renevator. same thing with maslayer, i just feel like there are so much better options than allot of the runes that were discussed on here.

After saying that i feel kinda like a prick cause i'm honestly not that great at pox so maybe should keep my mouth shut but certain things that i'm seeing in most of the bg's posted makes no sense!!!

Is it just me?

11. futant

futant Well-Known Member

Bloodbow is rather good if you run it with hit and run. It's not 2x auto include, but it does fit in well with demons and elves.

12. Tfguy

Due to the lack of range champs in UD Bloodbow becomes more viable. You can use her kind of for surgical strikes where range is needed and get a decent beater when her ammunition is used up. She's most viable in bleed decks though... that's at least my opinion.

The main argument against something like Goblin Archers is their low HP, they die quite quickly, but then again they are also not meant to be in the front rows of battle, so it very much depends on your play how effective those little buggers are going to be.

Lupefi2 likes this.
  13. futant

futant Well-Known Member

I really don't get bleed bgs. I look at blood seeker and go, " yeah that's what makes a bleed bg," and then I realize I like the other upgrades better. Second problem is bleed is a sandbagging ability. For 6 nora you get a little heal globe off of a hit that you can chase down and heal you a little bit. For the same cost all of your bleed champions could of had heal champion 2 :mad:

14. Tfguy

15. Lupefi2

I still just don't see her being viable in any bg outside of a bleed bg. Does no one besides me use renovators?

16. Tfguy

Renovators are okay, but a tad expensive for my taste. But if you feel comfortable playing them, nobody will stop you from doing it. :)

Lupefi2 likes this.
  17. Lupefi2

I swear they are OP

18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

if i see a UD player win, it is usually by an early game with these two.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Lupefi2 likes this.
  19. Lupefi2

My playstyle has to be rush vs half of the bg's i face. At least thats how i feel about it.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

That is how I like to play UD as well. Shut them down before they start. That is why UD vs KF can be fun. You are both trying to do the same thing.