UD Patch Breakdown

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Agirgis1, Aug 19, 2015.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

x

it's still worth it for 6 turns you get free damage and speed its still useful as long as the effects doesn't get removed when the guy gets cleansed.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

have you guys tried out the new imps? not sure why they nerfed the imps racial seeing that they were never played in the first place. also did they nerf minios?

3. futant

futant Well-Known Member

I played them before the reset and they were decent. I took them to exotic II before I got bored and waited on the expansion. Imo they were our strongest theme, and now we have goblins. With the change of the ability, and the lack of the ability on most of the imps the theme is dead. Not to mention deep elf summoner costing 87 nora with invigorate II is a joke. I haven't tried the baby imp ability, but I'm pretty sure it's a pos imp summon with out mischief.

I played against badgerdale who was using stitched and almost won. I blame him for the nerf :p

4. chickenpox2

how many of the imps lost mischief?

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Yes, that also works. Also the ruby catalyst or whatever it is called.

In fact, I am mostly running UD FW with grim wells and corpseapults. Great relics to reclaim after they have been used.

6. futant

futant Well-Known Member

4 of the 13, but technically screaming imp never counted unless you ran a blood guard. Blood guard is shoeboxed for sure.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I am not happy with the drain vitality nerf, I think it may have been overnerfed and UD got nothing in return. Now UD is basically back to square 1 and probably sucks just like it did before this patch. This is frustrating lol. The new UD exo is a mess but at least its art is cool. I am starting to doubt the people currently in charge of balancing and rune changes can get it right. May be a lack of resources and staff or may be flaws with the council system but posistive changes to runes and abilities don't seem to be happening nearly as fast as they should and when they do happen it is often times changes like dictate going from 12 to 9 nora when it really should be like a 1-2 nora ability, or grundelwulf alpha losing reflection from base when really the ability is just overcosted and should have been costed properly.

I regret not trying harder to see the changes before they went live now, you guys can thank the people who got me banned 7 days prior to the release. I won't make a thread and will stay positive for now but yeah, this could have went better. There were alot of good changes that were made though this patch like a new map rotation, avatars being fixed, champions costing more nora to reduce cheap meat spam, great art, new game mechanics, and much more.

It's amazing that drain vitality was hotfixed yet sapper and juggler was allowed to exist in the game for the entire coalitions expansion. *facepalm.(also vashal nora shield still exist... wtf?)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    jvne and Gnomes like this.
  8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

new redcaps are decent

9. chickenpox2

bloodsplurt is obviously a sandbag

10. badgerale

I don't think so, in any case it's an upgrade so you can choose overkill instead.

11. chickenpox2

bloodsplut does what bleed does but fives 5 hp blood balls instead of 50% of damage

12. futant

futant Well-Known Member

Yeah, redcap's got buffed. They lost hp, gained rend 2 on base, and a nora discount. It can be splashed in about anything that has lots of demons. If bloodspurt doesn't limit the bloodball per champ it's an alright ability, otherwise you mite as well pick overkill. Overall they seem decent enough, but in reality we have enough melee beaters so who really cares?

13. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

I wonder when they will realize that the "call of the hunter" is a skill that sucks compared to "relocate: demon" or "relocate: ally".

14. badgerale

I think that's the reason we got it, it is a better balanced ability than the other two.

15. jvne

jvne Well-Known Member

Well, Sokolov either sux ass at balance or he is a racist(in pox nora context) pig.

Haven't brought the last too expansions and won't spend any more money on the game. UD is steadily loosing all its fangs and as we lack endgame engines we are in a big disadvantage.

16. futant

futant Well-Known Member

Actually UD is doing pretty good in the meta. There's too in the top teen that I know of ;)

The patch brought UD up a couple of notches. Expansion wise we got some pretty cool stuff. My favorite is the informant. The block build is really nice on it, and it's another relocate for the demon elves. My second favorite is the Demon sandcrawler. This guy fits rather well into an arrow eater bg, just because it can hate on melee, and range.

17. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

The Goblin Collector is just tremendous in a UD FW split.

Stitched remains, grim wells, corpseapults.

Cloak of long knives.

Beautiful.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

they got top 10 before they shoeboxed drain vitality...(also this is irrelevent rank just reset) UD hardly improved with this expansion after its nerf. Informant isn't even that strong.

jvne likes this.
  19. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

However in August, I had stopped playing for the holidays and a bit 'out of boredom, I thought I started to play enticed by the new expansion, as it was for the previous expansion.
    But this time, I would say no.
    I will wait to see if the next expansion will make me want to come back to play.