UD/SP Flame Surge/Flame Wall shenanigans

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Sirius, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I built this for fun (theoretical bg, I don't actually have it ingame) and I wanted to post it, maybe get some advice and stuff. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to Include Pillars of Flame in the bg.

https://poxbase.com/deck/cjBC6-cz=c...vMCvFc4As5Qs94s2ls7ys86sAs8@s5wr2Yr20r3Xeke1j

Note that by casting Zealotry on a Flame Surge unit and then attacking to trigger Bounty Hunter, Flame Surge will actually deal 5 damage for every space moved.

2. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Hi. c: Since you're sharing it, these are the core runes for a UD/SP Flame Surge deck that I use:

https://poxbase.com/deck/Cz-Ct-CvFck_s5Q
    Everything else is Preference.

- Imp Familiar increases the damage to 7 damage per space moved (Replicate --> 2x Flame Charge).
    - For board cleanups, Shallaxy has Gravity Well to bring down enemies closer together, and Swap to exchange places with the Flame Surge unit so it ends in the middle of everyone. LOL
    - Alacrity gives AP so include some. You can only run 1x Shallaxy, so I use Goblin Spellkaiser for a 2nd Swap. You are also missing UD Phoenix which is also a strong Flame Surge Champ.

Hope it Helps. :)
    Idk about Trail: Flame Wall. It looks like it could work but in a different battlegroup.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  3. Sirius

Good advice. I rebuilt the deck and I feel like this version is better.

https://poxbase.com/deck/cjBCz-cz=c2zcxVcdOcd6Cx1Ct-CvMCvFck_s5Qs94s2ls7ys6Fs86sAs5wr2Yr20r3Xeke1j

Also, since "everything else is preference", I can just fill the rest with Flame Wall shenanigans, lol! No, but really, I feel like there is some overlap. For example, Pull and Slam/Knockback effects work with Flame Wall, but they're also useful for getting champions in position to die from Flame Charge. Bait and Switch is useful for both Flame Wall setups and for transferring AP on a Flame Charge unit. I already had Spellkaiser in the first version (for Swap) and he also works for both.

The G'herns are there to make Moga Inferno work, but they also serve the deck; and G'hern Overlord can relocate my choice Flame Charge unit wherever.

I may find room for FR or Minotaur Stoker if I have trouble with superchamps and depending on which superchamp decks there are out there.

4. ProR2D2

Nice. It looks a lot better.

Yea, forgot to mention Bait and Switch. Still don't know how Trail Firewall would work in the deck if it appears on top of your champs. Pillars of flame has a wierd casting too for knockbacks.

5. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Holy moly, building something similar in near future.

6. Sirius

I don't think Flame Wall affects friendlies. Maybe I'm wrong.

7. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Last time I used a champ with Flame Wall, it didn't affect friendlies.

8. ProR2D2

What I meant is that most of the time you'll knockback your enemies away from the Fire Wall. There is also only 1 pull on the bg for it to work.

9. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Has anyone tried with KF for timeslip (and maybe swiftwind)?

10. Sirius

Actually, I keep thinking of ways to knockback from behind them, or from the side. Flamefist definitely can do that by himself, provided enough AP. Other knockback champions will have a harder time, but that's why AP and relocation are there. I'm approaching the point where I can't do much more without actually playtesting, to be able to tell how it actually works out.