UD/SP goodstuff (returning player needs help)

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by tesla pasta, Oct 4, 2016.

1. tesla pasta

tesla pasta Member

I've been away from the game for a while, and I'm getting back into the swing of things. I really liked messing around with Hyaenid Dreamcrusher and Nefari Shockbow, so I decided to just put them both in the same deck.

Old List here
    the missing slots are 2 stormbunnies

Core strategy is to gum up frontlines and contest with cheap beef (like pincusion and stormflyer) and then put on kill pressure with damage spells and the psychic/shock pings. I'm not 100% about all the slots though. In particular, I'm thinking about alternatives to Bok Raider and Nefari Guardian. I added the Bok Raiders since I wanted more of what Kanen Slipped did as a mobile heavy hitter, but I'm sure there are other options in UD. I've really liked Nefari Guardian to bodyguard Kanen Slipped before it goes ham. However, outside of that it feels a bit awkward in this setup.

I'm considering sonic elementals (for more of what pincusion does), but not sure which of the SP runes to cut for them.
    In the Bok Raider slot I also considered Deep Elf Fanatic, but haven't gotten a hold of any to try out yet. Also in consideration for those slots are Jyx and whichever of the Vothsair are good right now.
    Also not 100% on Hraken.

I know I don't have any hard detection, but I figured that static greeting and the Pings would be enough to substitute.

So, any suggestions of obvious auto-includes I've missed? maybe strategies more getting more out of the champs I've already got?

UPDATED LIST (missing 1 paper wings)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  2. sWeNibor

sWeNibor I need me some PIE!

I would say Lightning Elemental is nice, Additional ping,

Remove 1 Nefari Guardian, Fire blast (replace with maddening echoes, Mindslicer Bomerang, Mindstorm), And i dont like Orb of protection if one cant heal it more consistant with fire attacks (Would remove)
    I like running 2x Alacrity it is such a good spell (perhaps replace one of the Avalance)
    Would also remove 1 Vertical push you really shouldnt need 2.

The Depths Doombringer is really nice :) Additional ping with fire :)
    Fire Phoenix same role

Bok raider is nice with the surprise spawn arrowshot for a kill :) Is like a ping just needs more to work

If you wanna go for more ping the Soulcrawler is an option.

I aint the best player, but this is my opinion :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  3. tesla pasta

tesla pasta Member

New list in original post.
    I feel much better about spell selection now, the only thing I'm still unsure about is whether I should be running 1 boomerang/2 echoes or 2 boomerang/1 echoes.

I'm still testing the vothsair- is reaver better than ireguard, or vice versa? Is it fine to run 1 of each? Should I replace one of them with Deep Elf fanatic?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Ireguard is generally better. Crowned Sauropod makes for an excellent bodyguard with the magnify beast makarkey.
    The SP physical immune equip is nice on an Ireguard.