UD still underwhelming

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Theoutcast, Sep 4, 2016.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

As it cleanses idc what else it does

Short lived 1 is ok with me cuz UD has no long game and a Bane Shift mid game so if u don't win first 20 mins or so you will lose 90% of the time

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Short Lived no longer doubles the globe's worth. Just saying.

3. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

You realize you just said...minus..losing..the champ...for a cleanse...Stop posting please.

4. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Crappy idea...so to get a cleanse you need a bleed theme? Crap crap crap...Davre's idea actually was decent.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Bleed applies bloodied IIRC so it'd be able to cleanse outside of bleed theme.

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

No, you just need to double tap to get spot cleanse.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

THEOUTCAST SO BAD

8. themacca

In all seriousness though, i don't think UD is in any way bad. Trying to use playerbase as an argument for whether or not a faction is good is a logical fallacy so give it a rest. Sacrifice and retribution are terrific options for units that have been CC'd as it more or less allows you to just recycle your champ back into another. If the unit is in a key position. Masochism a unit who's not. If the CC'd unit was gonna get a kill retribution move something in get both globes deploy again. It's not exactly rocket science, you don't see @badgerale on here all day complaining about UD being bad and he's played this game for a long ass time, perhaps if you tried adapting and improving your playstyle instead of having a whinge on the forums you would find UD to be less bad.

SPiEkY and Etherielin like this.
  9. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Macca you're garbage...so your input means nothing. The problem with having to double tap something to get a cleanse is because the majority of what needs to be cleansed prevents something from attacking.

themacca likes this.
  10. themacca

I just watched you get owned by reaper and banette.
    Reaper made tons of mistakes and still whooped your ass and banette was playing imps. You're in no position to be calling anyone garbage

11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I think the main problem here is you need a crutch like cleanse. Play UD old fashioned and just burn a champ out with sac or ret.

I did not know this, thank you.

12. themacca

you don't though

13. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Hello Theoutcast,

I'm an old school muppet. By flavour, I'm thinking demons, imps, goblins and the like that live underground in lava caverns, big hitting melee, limited healing, limited range, powers that cause harm. I agree that some good UD options have been nerfed with the hunter and leech vitality nerfs. But I believe they are better for overall game balance. Though I do feel sad when my Gloombringer only gets 5 extra max hp.

As a positive contribution, how about a new spell..

FLAGELLATION. 30 Nora
    Target friendly champion takes 10 physical damage, is cleansed, and is dispelled. Edit: also Eviscerated 3.

That gives an option other than sac, retri, pre-emptive dark pact. But at a cost as well as a benefit. Not sure about the cost. Might also add eviscerated 3. Edit: I did!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

because I don't play much anymore unfortunately

15. themacca

i did mean you don't need a cleanse crutch haha

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I wouldnt mind UD getting something flavorful as a cleanse.

X(20?) Nora - Target friendly champion is cleansed. After 2 turns it is destroyed.

Cheap, You cant just throw it around anywhere. Since it dies on your turn you can collect the globe making the spell effectively free.

IronStylus likes this.
  17. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

20 nora too cheap for that Markoth. Needs to be like 50 min. UD isn't allowed having something remotely viable when it comes to cleanse. It's in the rules somewhere.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Some people would prob argue that it isnt viable at all. If I hammerstrike a full HP Vothsair you wouldnt want to cleanse it just to have it die after using it for 1 round.

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'd just Sac/Ret it

Fentum, darklord48 and MEATMAN like this.
  20. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Me too but I'd quite like the option for him to flagellate himself...