Uncomfirmed Account

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Mercer Skye, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

So, back when SoE was running the show, I got my nephew signed up for some Pox'ing. His mother is pretty adamant about not tying anything with real money purchases to his email, and I let him use mine.

Now, under DoG, he tried playing, and was trying to make a trade and got a message looking something like 'You can't trade with an unconfirmed account.'

So I'm thinking it's as simple as changing the email tied to his account, but I don't want to break anything in the process.

Am I right? Or is something else wrong with his account. He can sign into the game just fine, and from what he says the tutorial and initial faction challenges worked just fine, and he was able to play a few games, it's just the trader that's locked on him, but he has a couple months of play time in, so I doubt it's the newb lock.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

If he has a gmail account, check your "Promotions" folder to confirm your account.

3. Mercer Skye

He uses Yahoo like a yahoo. But I'm sure the issue is that he used to be tied to my email (two accounts, one email). And it's saying his account is unconfirmed, and when he went to 'change email' and put in my email, it said it was already in use.

If he can stay tied to it, and I can just get an email confirmation for him to click on, that would be fine, too.

I just don't know what to do from here.

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Hrm... send a ticket here (which is the link off of the main website) - that should start the paper trail for the tickets.

If you already changed the email, you should be able to get a confirmation email to be able to trade. If the email is locked, then that would be something that the Greenies would need to be able to do.

5. Mercer Skye

Thanks for your help KT, turns out we were trying to confirm him on my email, and we had set it up using his Aunt's email. He's clear as I can tell now. (Now I just need a way to cancel the ticket on the matter....)

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Yeah, sometimes the email stuff can get confusing. It is good to hear you were able to resolve the problem. There isn't really a way to cancel a ticket, but when you get a response you can just respond back that you were able to resolve the problem yourself.

7. Mercer Skye

I'll do that, and I'll just give my apologies ahead for the wasted time, and to whoever is going to have to wait a bit longer because my issue is now a non-issue. And thank you for the response, Senshu.

8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

These things happen, so no worries :)