Uneducated Lefty Gets Owned

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Enjoy if you haven't watched it yet.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that looks like an interview not a debate.
    further while channel 4 has a left wing bias that seems more like an improperly prepared newsperson getting blown over than anyting else.
    anyways why the Brit news? doesn't your country have a propaganda news agency? can't you show us funny bloopers from that?
    what is the point of this thread?

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I did catch this on tv, and it's true that he did come off well on channel 4 news (which is certainly left leaning).

This is because British TV interview culture is to attack the interviewee pretty ruthlessly, and she was probably given a brief on the guy with bullet points on what he is all about -- and he failed to answer in the stereotypical way she expected, but was able to steer it into universal (often left wing) values that she couldn't argue against. So she is attacking everything thoughtlessly and he is defending with left wing values. What he is saying is completely banal, so much to be meaningless, but the right vs left parameters have already been set and the british interview culture obliges her (considering she isn't good enough to realise it doesn't) to keep attacking him... which leads to her shouting herself into a hole.

I do actually think this guy is pretty reasonable; even though i think he is too biased to the economical right, and although it seems that alt-right platforms have championed him, he isn't stupid and realises that it isn't a black and white world, and that the way is somewhere in the middle.

Tweek516 and Alakhami like this.
  4. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Russia doesn't really have any prominent left-wing ideologists, unfortunately. I watch from time to time independent analytics, I doubt there are any English translations of their work.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018