Unlimited free relics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OriginalG1, May 16, 2014.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I think units that can drop unlimited free relics (relics that you would other wise pay nora for) is op. I think units should have ranks of relics deployment (ranks 1-3) so there can be a cap on how many relics they are putting out. Norther Cross Priestess' celestial spear and salaman trappers flash bang are relics that i have particular trouble with. Spear just because of damage out put (when you attack spear it counts spear as a champ so the ability triggers) and health it comes with. Flash bag would be a good ability to have a rank of relic deployment like rank 2 or 3 (able to drop two or three flash bangs in a game that is it.)

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

... Nah. Learn to deal with it, neither are OP ... Trapper is an incredible pain if you don't run detection, so run detection.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  3. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I'm personally not sure how to evaluate the Celestial Spear deploy though. I mean I consider that to be her ability and the relic to be a secondary use.

But, some obvious solutions:

1. Give the deploys a nora cost. (derp ^^)
    2. Limit to one deploy and start the cooldown when the relic is destroyed. Then cooldown can better impact a relic's impact (and make destroying it more impactful regardless of how quickly you manage it)

Same could apply to summons tbh.

4. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

You'd never pay nora for a flashbang, so that's out.

5. Fikule

Any reason why not?

You wouldn't pay 1 nora for a flash bang? Because that sounds unreasonable.

After 1 nora, the rest is haggling to determine what it's actually worth.

Although tbh I think there is a difference between trap deploys and relic deploys as traps tend to get destroyed without much effort.

For trap deploys I would probably suggest that they are reduced to 1 health when revealed. Also maybe make it so champions with Detection can't set off traps.

Although, along with that suggestion I would probably ask for UV to only affect champions.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I've long been of the opinion that what needs to happen is all of these relics deployed by champions simply need to be made summons. Suddenly they you aren't get endless contests without putting the champ at some potential risk.

And it's not as though there isn't precedence of making relics from champs summons. The myx pupae dropped by the Myx Matriarch are summons.

Boozha, Fikule and SPiEkY like this.
  7. TheNidhogg

They still contest don't they though?

8. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

I believe they do. There's all kinds of discrepancies with "Summoned" relics. At one point, I even tried Sever Summons on IS Spell Barricade to see if it would work. It didn't.

9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The summoned Myx Pupae from the Myx Matriarch do not contest.

10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I like Fikule's idea of summoning the relic for a nora cost (reduced nora cost of actual relic, summoning ability still goes on cool down). I would like it if all summons cost some nora to be honest, make summoning less brainless. Pets do not fit into that idea though, unless, champion pets become an upgradeable ability for additional nora.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Relic summoning abilities are different from Cast: X abilities or Pet: X abilities. For example, Call: Celestial Spear does not summon a 30 nora relic for free. The relics were created specifically for the ability and would not exist if not for the ability. This is why you see them released at the same time as their summoning counterpart. Same as Rocklings and Boghopper Zombies. These runes were never really designed to be used on their own so its not fair to judge their power based on the cost of the rune itself.

As to their strength that is an entirely different discussion.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Personally, I don't think champs should make other actual runes. It's really hard to negotiate pricing and balance. Why pay 35 Nora for despoil when you can get continuous casts for free on a champ with plenty of other abilities.

I like how vampyre bat works as a summon.

13. TheNidhogg

Lol

14. TheNidhogg

Read it son

15. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Tortun Pygmy <===> Pygmy Hippo

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Imo, making them non-contesting is okay, making them cost nora is icky ...

17. TheNidhogg

The fact is they do cost nora, you just disagree on the costing of the champ.

18. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

it should cost reduced nora to summon something or cast spell x

19. Fikule

Sort of illogical though. Why would the spell/relic that is on a champion cost less than the one that takes up a slot in your battlegroup and goes on cooldown only when destroyed?

20. TheNidhogg

Because it's on a champion? How is this not logical? You have to walk that specific champion to where you want it instead of any champion and dropping it whenever you like.

Woffleet likes this.