Unsleeved media banned for life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Dec 10, 2017.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

they did both, they deleted his collection in MTGO and banned him for life from all events. For criticizing a (female) cosplayer on his personal live streams and twatter. The fact that the regressive lefties here are cheering this simply because he is on the "other team" politically shows how hypocritical and ethically bankrupt they are, slaves to partisan factionalism.

Ragic likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ah yes, deny all the gays but the one asshat deserves a better treatment.

Your projection is, as usual for a Republican, off the charts.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it's not nice to call people that.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Yeah, they prefer to be referred to as financially unchallenged.

I can't watch the videos criticizing her, but the whole "flip it or rip it" gimmick is ridiculous. I would never give free product to someone that did that.

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  8. Ragic

yes but theyre rich so their feelings don't matter.

just seeing if I can get Burn to like one my posts

darklord48, BurnPyro, Dagda and 2 others like this.
  9. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Hoo boy, this is getting INTERESTING.

He's not alt right, and in fact considers himself "left wing".
    The only promotion of "culture" he made was his critiques of the cosplayer in social media. And not much in the way of evidence has been presented in terms of what she called "targeted harassment over a period of several years" (which he describes as critiquing her as just using sexual attraction to attempt to get donations from people on her Patreon).

For whatever reason, yes, they've been doing that. It's ironic, because the female players I've met have never complained about the lack of other female MTG players. Sure, some of them get sexually harassed, but the harassers are generally kicked out from what I know.
    Anyway, I'll try to stay on topic... ish.

Ya know...
    I really just want to tell you to go away from this discussion at this point, because you're not really adding much, and just keep trying to drag in this other subject in order to critique others.
    I would be happy to debate those issues... In their own thread.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Those issues are these issues. The fact that you guys don't see this is the crux of the entire story.

Eh, 5/7 for effort, but I expect more next time.

11. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

I don't really play or keep up with mtg anymore, so this is mostly a summary of what my brother told me:

The woman in question just broke up with her boyfriend and her Patreon money was dwindling. Had serious doubts about her future and cosplaying in general. This harrassement allegation was a way of quitting in a way that said ''I'm going away from this community and cosplaying because of harrassement'', instead of ''I have no idea what to do with my life but I know it isn't this''. Apparently it has been revealed she is going to nursing chool and wants to continue her life that way. Yes there was some harrassement. However it was a tweet, and at the time she made a fuss about it the tweet was 6 months old. Something about how she is ugly I think. Why wait 6 months? Obviously she just ignored him, because that's sensible, but now needed an excuse for her quitting.

Now this Jeremy guy. According to my brother he is a huge ****** (I haven't watched any videos of his). His YT content is terrible and on the decline, his most watched videos are shitty pack openings. The guy isn't funny and has become known for being a general ******* and posting Bane Shift on social media. He's ''woke'' af which of course means calling woman ugly on twitter and posting Pepe memes. What I found funny is that (according to my brother) this Jeremy dude is fat, but on all his profile pictures and in his YT videos he only films himself from the shoulders up, to not show his gut.

So we have a woman who is in a bit of a pickle irl, and starts some drama, and a guy who is an uncivilized human being. This drama escalates and becomes not just a Sparkle vs Jeremy affair but a ''SJWs vs alt-righters'' affair. I put it into quotation marks because everyone gets dragged into sides, even if they don't necessarily affiliate as such. Sparkle announces her plans for the future and withdraws relatively quickly, as the discussion isn't just about her anyway, and she's probably had enough of it all. Jeremy on the other hand decides to market this for all it's worth. Accusing Wotc's about being SJW's, muh freedom of speech etc.

So we have not the brightest tools in the shed stirring up some drama, and it escalated into left vs right social media shitstorm.

Now what is truly baffling is the response of WotC. Any sane company would just leave this alone. It would pass over in a week and that would be it. NOBODY involved had any official affiliation with WotC. But WotC gets involved and takes a hard turn against Jeremy, together with some other notable sites and players. Coupled with anti bullying videos and banning Jeremy from everything. The situation is framed in a way that says there aren't enough woman in mtg because of harrassement. Which is simply ridiculous. There aren't many women players because mtg simply doesn't appeal to women. Besides, where I come from I have never seen a woman player treated badly or disrespected. However, I am not American. Wotc acted completely unproffesionaly by getting involved in a social media fallout between two unaffiliated entities. And the only one who gained anything was (ironically) Jeremy, as the boost to his viewership (remember his YT account was shitty and in decline) brought in new people, not just from mtg, but people who don't even play it, yet heard of this brave warriors battle against the ''SJW's''. Also deleting his MTGO account over this is terrible. Imagine if [car brand] would come to your house and drag your car away, because you insulted a women on twitter? Wotc are a bunch of retards.

Tweek516, UnitedX, Etherielin and 3 others like this.
  12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Best write-up I've read so far about this controversy. Will just add that the girl's name is "sprankle" not sparkle and that she also has massively profited off of this drama as she decided not to delete her cosplay patreon after all and is raking in the beta bucks at a hitherto unseen rate.

I agree that this is less a "left vs right" issue and more a "thot versus edgelord" petty drama, if it hadn't been for WotC taking such a 1) heavy hand, 2) framing this as a feminist/misogyny issue, playing into the reviled "gamers hate women" false narrative which predictably triggered gamergators (myself included).

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

hey I think we can end the discussion at a point where we all agree everyone involved is an idiot.

I don't remember ever having a thread come to an agreement here... am I dreaming?

Etherielin and SireofSuns like this.
  14. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

We shall see, we have yet to have those that disagree with that sentiment say anything regarding the write up by @Saandro .

Again, I'd be happy to debate those issues in a separate thread. This issue is not the same issue, though they are very much related.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so we are turning this into a "what is worse; edgelord vs thot" instead? cause edgies are worse so they were mostly right to ban that :D

and you all know I am right because I am so edgy the shape that best describes me has more dimensions han you can comprehend <- that just added another. and I get banned from here lik all the time.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Yep they are both idiots and the company is lame for getting involved. End thread

SireofSuns likes this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dumb capitalists for caring about their image

18. Ragic

lawyer stuff

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  19. Ragic

20. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty