Unsleeved media banned for life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Dec 10, 2017.

1. UnitedX

UnitedX The King of Potatoes

The 'alt right' are all white guys who feel no emotion except anger though this isn't explained why by the narrator. He says that they're wrong because they don't engage in productive arguments. He does this while asserting he is absolutely correct and therefore doesn't need to engage with them (towards the end of the video), he's a hypocrite. He then compares people who are swayed by his opposition to lizards, dehumanizing them. His goes further by indirectly saying that these people are acting in the same way as animals in a pack scenario.

There's more but i felt like getting that off my chest because I was triggered.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

That is not at all what he was saying at all.

Also I keep telling people here:
    Humans are animals, and they behave like animals. This has historically been exploited many times. Any notion that humans are not animals is your bias towards hunan (and human-like) life forms.

I think you are seeing a social ill where none exist and are trying to fight it to get social justice. Like some sort of... Social justice warrior.

Should we compare our interpretations of the video?

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

unimportant side note: the more I dig into this, the more I realize that I don't know even half of the internet lingo these days.

damn kids

Dagda likes this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This always gets a chuckle out of me

888.jpg

Dagda likes this.
  5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I dunno. I feel like the whole 'the left makes better arguments' thing is kinda true, but i feel like they are both playing an emotional game rather than a logical one - it's just that the leftist emotional game is to bring reason into it and then feel emotionally satisfied by that rationality.

As an example: A right winger gives a single simple, but very limited, reason why you are wrong, then calls you a 'cuck' or 'SJW', the left winger says you are wrong for this long list of reasons supported by these figures and then talks about the reasons for your misogyny.

Which is really the stronger argument? To some people the simple argument of the right winger is wrong, especially because simple arguments can be simply refuted and proved false. The lefty easily does this and feels satisfied in his superiority.

The leftwing argument is not easily refuted as it is complex and dependent on secondary figures, any argument against it will need to be complex and will itself spiral into increasingly meaningless numbers and stats.

But it might be just as flawed, or unprovable - but it is very hard to conclusively prove that, and so to the rightist it is all obscurification.

Dagda likes this.
  6. Ragic

Ah so it’s the right who are guilty of using labels.

Sigh

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Only you could take offense to that post and claim the right is being victimized.

Enough with the victim complex already. He was making an interesting point.

Hadn't thought of this. Interesting stuff.

Regardless of the strenght of the argument, I feel the approach is generally better. Though numbers often prove nothing, as statistics are traps layered with traps, I guess it's better than blank opinions.

8. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

What on Earth...

CNN isn't majorly biased??? Lulz. Pretty much all major media, in all countries, is extremely biased these days. I always get a kick out of "X country's major news media outlets aren't biased, but yours are" kind of statements.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Please re-read the posts.

Everyone is biased, so are "news" media. However Fox News and Breitbart, just as Huffington Post and Shareblue (these two irk me the most when online, as far as left leaning outlets go) are aggressively using misleading titles, exaggerating or pushing plain wrong narratives because of ulterior motives. While CNN has their flaws (theyre very pro establishment and whatnot), overall they are far less abusive towards the "truth", whatever that may be.

CNN has been continually abused by the right wing in recent times, especially by right wing radio hosts, who are the very definition of on-air cancer. CNN as holy as can be compared to Fox News, which has been a right wing propaganda machine for decades.

Real talk, Media in Belgium and the Netherlands has it's own set of problems. But they're nothing compared to what you have. If a national station here had broadcast say.. "the war on christmas" or "no go zones" idiocy, viewers would have dropped them in a heartbeat. In comparison, a popular channel in Belgium had a great show around 20:30 that was viewed as perhaps the most legitimate News show. Even though "show" is the wrong word, it's not like that in Europe. It was very neutral, showed different things, had great guests,.. etc. Splendid tv. They then decided to switch it up and replace it for a program with a panel interacting over News. It was Bane Shift. It was half memed, talking points bullshit. The guests of the panel always argued etc etc. The target audience wasnt looking for that. They got absolutely massacred in numbers. Rather trivial, but it gives you a good idea of what people here look for in News.

My issue with News shows, as happened here in Belgium in my example, is when they muddy the waters with News and opinion shows. Opinion news shows are terrible in that they always, at best ever so slightly, misrepresent the facts of the story. Or leave things out. You get the idea. I used to watch a show called "the young Turks" on YouTube years ago. It had some valid things to say back in the day. Or maybe I just got tired of watching the same dumb things. Hearing news through someone else's point of view just makes it more difficult to get an actual read on things, Ive dropped pretty much every podcast or show I used to watch because I cant stand it. And I know written articles are also biased, however News shows with video just give the opportunity for the presenter to put so much more emotion and his own touch on things, I can't stand it.

This ended up being longer than I imagined, just my two cents.

Geressen likes this.
  10. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I actually agree with most of that. Keep in mind, I feel that most major news outlets have changed over the past couple years or so to be much worse, even if they weren't before. (I remember when Fox News was legitimate, that was a long time ago...).
    I still rather dislike CNN, mostly because I disagree with their opinions on things (and most of their stuff I see as being very opinionated, though you might not notice it as much, they tend to be a lot more subtle and more "presentable" than other American news stations).
    I disliked CNN "before it was cool", and they have been involved in a fair number of sketchy things, not to mention that almost all of the left leaning (for America) American news outlets are owned by a very small group of people, who are all either married to each other, or are close friends. So it's not like we really get much real variety, beyond just going to smaller "free lance" journalists, who are very obviously biased in some things, so we at least know what to ignore from them.

11. Ragic

big article, they dont seem to be a big fan of the Hambly guy, but theyre definately concerned about a company trying to police social media drama

http://nichegamer.com/2017/12/28/magic-manic-hypocrisy/

my favorite line:

"It must be the goal of WotC for their player base to devolve into pliable intellectually incurious non-combative dullards who are smart enough to continue earning money and dumb enough to continue spending it with them."

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    newsbuff likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Never really saw the appeal to cosplay myself. I can see why other might, but it's not for me. If it's on some front page of reddit, I might give it a click. But if you wanna get off, hit up some other websites. Dunno, I'm overly practical like that.

Ragic likes this.
  13. Ragic

In the spirit of unity, here's a non American weighing in..

14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

i posted that on the first page of the thread m8

Ragic likes this.
  15. Ragic

wurd. you sure did. but its delicious so a second helping is in order.

also when you posted that, I had read or seen basically nothing about the issue and didn't know the major players involved. NOW watching that video.. it makes a whole lot more sense to me.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  16. Ragic

you will laugh

17. Ragic

winning

18. Dicem0ney2

Dicem0ney2 The King of Potatoes

I really don't believe in 100% private busnesses exercising their rights. If you want to call it something call it excercising their power, but a corporation having a moral right over another? Sounds like a thinly veiled excuse for control. I am not against control, I am however against misrepresenting the way of the world, I find it depressing and sometimes infuriating.