Update on what the game looks like to me

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by OriginalG1, Jul 19, 2016.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I have played poxnora on two different computers now, after submitting a ticket and fallowing orders, and my games still lag, or kick me off, making victories in PvP very rare.

Strange coincidence that consistently occur when I attempt to play:
    Lap top:
    -All visual effects are non existent
    -Signal target selection, map pan, results in a 10-15 second battle of waiting for the screen to catch up-to an action, assuming you got the action just right. (Creates a situations on big maps where I only have time to move side A and not side B because because map pan dose not catch up till my opponents turn.)
    -Watch games, map pan works fine, visual effects still absent.
    -General lag with any movement
    Big Computer:
    -General lag with any movement
    -Will become disconnected from internet if I am playing pox between 10-20 min. And only when I play poxnora. Disconnection can last for 2min, sometimes up to an hour. (All devices are kicked offline) Have done tests where I did not play pox on my big computer for a week (no internet problems that week), went to play poxnora and with in 10min got kicked off the internet.

Spells not showing a visual effect is common on my lap top, but also terrain dose not display. example:
    upload_2016-7-19_13-19-1.jpeg
    upload_2016-7-19_13-19-12.jpeg upload_2016-7-19_13-19-25.jpeg

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I have nothing of value to add to this but it's pretty cool that the textures for the rocks under the lava were still done too

jeeperz2, SPiEkY, soulmilk and 2 others like this.
  3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

You could have an alt version with water

jeeperz2, SPiEkY, soulmilk and 2 others like this.
  4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Tar?

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Our hopes are that moving over to the new game client will eliminate some of these compatibility issues. With that said, it looks like it might be a video driver issue.

DrakeArron and OriginalG1 like this.
  6. OriginalG1

Thank you for the feed back Senshu
    !

7. OriginalG1

it is so hard to play with lag. i hope you guys moving over to the new game client really really soon

DrakeArron likes this.
  8. Senshu

What are your computer's specs CPU, Ram, Video Card?

9. OriginalG1

10. OriginalG1

I think that is what you have asked for.

11. Senshu

Hmm, hypothetically you should be able to play but that is a bit on the low end. Do you have any other applications open like a web browser while you play? 4GB of Ram on Win 10 gets eaten up really fast. It could be a combination of things resulting in this occurring. Our best suggestion is to go to the Acer and download the latest video card drivers for your laptop. Then make sure to close out all other applications when you try to play.

Let me know if you see any improvement.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  12. Roditj

Roditj New Member

I think that you didn't install graphic driver since it shows as "Intel 4 series express chipset family " and not as for example "Intel 4000 HD, etc".
    Try to check if you have latest update of graphic driver.

13. OriginalG1

i get sketch out looking for up dates on my own, do you have a link you recommend?

14. OriginalG1

I really appreciate all the help and support I have received on this issue. I am aware my computer is older, and I share one internet source with multiple roommates and am able to acknowledge these are probably a contributers to my game play.

Even with my horrendous lag issues; I have still enjoyed playing games of PoxNora. The lag often provides unforeseen circumstances and unexpected turn disadvantages. I feel, in all, this is slowing making a better player. I am looking forward to the launch of the new game client and the possibilities it will bring. Thank you PoxNora team for the excellent customer service and general interest in helping me improve my game play.

15. Senshu

You are welcome.

How long have you been having this issue?

16. OriginalG1

Started early March and has been a progression of diminishing performance since then.

17. Senshu

Hmm, that is definitely strange. We haven't made and tech changes to the client or server because of the development of the new game client. It does sound like it would be a local issue. Did you change residences or your ISP around that time?

18. OriginalG1

No, that is why I was bringing the issue up. same set up for 2 years and only this year am I having problems.

19. Senshu

That is definitely odd because nothing tech or game structure wise changed when you started having this problem. If it did more people should have started having problems. Did you upgrade to Windows 10 around that time?

20. OriginalG1

Correct!