Useless abilities on champs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by charlieriot, Jan 2, 2015.

1. charlieriot

charlieriot I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    Goyo likes this.
  2. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I agree with your premise!

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It was supposed to be adressed in monthly patches, but some thing went wrong and the whole process were delayed.

They solved the most important issues by now, and we are expecting big changes with the new expansion, the next balance and bugfixes patch, and the new developer's vision of the game.

4. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Inhibit on dead fairy.....

Poxlife likes this.
  5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

It will be fixed after rabid is fixed to work properly,which i think will be in the next patch.

6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

What if instead of making everything efficient we make all runes have some crappy stuff? Instant balance. And you're a bit wrong about Crone, Ritual works on enemy champions. Let that sink for a minute. She's not really used because pack leader and mentality are so low costed that they don't even need boost to win games, and as consequence Kanen are so cheap that summons are not a problem when you can spam champions that get free attacks and double unleash for 2(4) nora.

Flash comparison, Aggressive costs 5 nora, and I believe it to be general consensus that it sucks.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

really depends if your fighting FW and you cant use rabid you can stop fw champs from healing with inhibit so i would still like her to have it

8. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Rapid Attack on Strig Lehwhip it's useless, cause he have Dragging Attack, and the first atack he make ALWAYS pull the enemy champ into one space, doesn't matter if he is allready engaged or not, beacause he is a 2x2 champ, making the two others to be not hit. Don't know if it's a bug or not, but Rapid Attack on him only work in Champions with unstopable, wich is VERY situational.

I agree in terms with the Crone, but Ritual of Destruction have his uses. It can be used in your mongrels (summoned from Howler) and in enemy summons, but this increase A LOT in her nora cost. Maybe to fix that, was better putting RoD in upgrade, so that way, you can pick it if you want, or if you want less nora cost, choose other abillity.

The same with Dead Fairy, Inhibit works great in FW champ, but is very situational, so maybe putting it on upgrade for the ones who want it.

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Now that @Sokolov is working on the game as the designer, issues with champions and their abilities can get more attention. It will still take time to weed out the inefficiencies, but in come cases runes may be made less efficient or more expensive by having certain abilities for balance reasons. Rather than doing a manual cost adjustment a champion may be given certain abilities to make it more nora inefficient but make it more versatile.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    Lushiris likes this.
  10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Pretend you guys took this decision by reading all the 437 posts where pointed it out. I deserve this credit. No I don't, but still.:cool:

11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Forerunner with elusive and camouflage...
    "inefficient", "versatile"

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

There is a lot of over lap with those abilities so it is possible to look them over, but camouflage has one distinct addition. It will give 2 damage reduction while the champion is Stunned or Paralyzed. It is a very limited case, but some times such a odd combination can come in handy.

Lushiris and Leadrz like this.
  13. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

I've been thinking about this. I did realize it, but I still do not find it justifiable.

14. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Never the less.
    He has a point.
    Good job senshu :D

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Can we give every elusive champ camo and arrow eater then?

You know, just in case

16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Plus strike and sunder

17. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

Sometimes I ask myself if the poxnora devs are drunk all the time . Then I ask myself why I asked myself that . They are obviously drunk.

Kampel and BurnPyro like this.
  18. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I would have kept silence than answering that.

Goyo likes this.
  19. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

xD

20. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

From a player perspective, it's simply bad design. You should avoid overlaping abilities (so hard).