Verdant Promise vs Unassuming Tree

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 24, 2015.

1. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Ok, now after reading all this I want to make a garu deck. No idea where to start with that.

DarkJello and Etherielin like this.
  2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Start by watching 7 hours of nature shows about bears of all types. ;)

xezno likes this.
  3. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

This is just something thrown together. Not sure how well it would work since I haven't tested it. I can tell you that the main drawback to garu is that they're weak to long range and they don't have a lot of ways to increase damage cheaply. Garus just don't have a lot of support that's specific to them and about all the ties them together is hibernate.

http://poxbase.com/deck/ck+CwXc53C9kC+cpUCa@c1MC3ucqvc5hs3Ws5s6Os1as4Ks2tr3nr2YrUe3ke29E2beM

xezno likes this.
  4. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

The problem with garu is they are a melee only race, but all their champs lack any kind of defensive abilities. No block, majestc, nokando, intimidating etc etc. Nothing. No dmg resistance, no high def no spell resistance, nothing. And on top only high dmg after they get attacked so they (some) enrage. And strictly 1 range, not 1-2.

The solution in the past (and their only defense) was hibernqte (dissapear in the shadows of the forrest after attacking) and aid defenses (the mothers protect the rest if they just get the chance to be closeby in the fight and make lots of attacks). All this was removed jn the revam, without giving them range, speed or defense abilities lkke other melee champs. So yea, try to play them and lose some rank! Good luck!

5. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Agreed. I used to have some success with them simply based on their hibernate ability. It was a very nice nerfed version of stealth, that if used properly was very useful. I am at a loss to why flavor-essential abilities like this were moved to the upgrade paths... (not just garu, but many other abilities on other factions)

Secondly, they really should have never removed majestic on the Garu Chosen. I felt like that was his signature ability and one of the Garu's only defensive mechanics. He was my favorite champion, and now... meh.

Overall I am happy with the revamp, but some of the ability removals and swaps don't make sense.

6. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

I have a feeling the original concept of this spell had it functioning more like the Dragonbark ability, having the unit redeploy after a certain amount of time spent as a tree.

7. xezno

I bet you are right. That makes WAY more sense for the picture.

8. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

The real question we should be asking is: Would people run Unassuming Tree?

9. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

If garu was runnable and the unassuring three had a shorter pop time, i woild run it. I tried it before when garu were not yet terminated and at that time it was still better to pay a bit more and deploy the champs, mainly bcause it gave too much tempo loss. Cost was balanced, just not wait time.

10. xezno

If it had a 5 turn timer that would automatically trigger, I would totally run it. However 3 round timer and then you have to activate it yourself? Why does this even have to happen? There is already so much to think about in this game, this should be automatic.

Pathfnder likes this.
  11. Curlyfuk

Curlyfuk The King of Potatoes

BTW i been using verdant promise on chained fae but somhow i dont get the cooldown on her but the tree is in safe location