Video Games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IMAGIRL, Jun 13, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Dark Souls 3 is out. It happens to be exceptionally good.

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

my only complaint is the the lvl reqs on the rep gear seem too high

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It is not. You misunderstand how Grim Dawn works is all. Grim Dawn is based upon Titan Quest. Core mechanics being the same. Titan Quest has 3 Difficulty Tiers (Normal/Epic/Legendary) unlocked by beating the one before it. Think of Epic, and Legendary as New Game+, and New Game++.

In TQ, you'd normally go though all 3 acts (4 if you have Immortal Throne) and beat the game around level 27-35 depending on how many side quests you did. Then you begin Epic Difficulty. The world changes slightly with new bosses, and more common hero monster spawns. The main threat however is that all your resistances are reduced by -40%. So with no armor equipped, or masteries giving you bonuses, your default resistances would be -40%. And on Legendary -80%. Making areas, heroes, and bosses far more difficult as you start having to equip specifically to meet each areas needs or die.

Grim Dawn is the same. It currently has 4 arcs, 3 tier difficulties. You should beat the first Difficulty around 35ish. Then you being Epic Difficulty. It is not uncommon during the later acts to find equipment that you will not be able to equip for sometime. They do however tinker with it slightly by making drop chances for epic, and legendary items level dependent before they will start to spawn in the world. So you shouldn't worry about that. The rep gear is intended as a moderately decent armor in Epic. (New Game+) For those who didn't farm adequately. You shouldn't have the rep to start buying from that shop tier until then anyway.

If your not already. I highly suggest you play in Veteran Mode in Grim Dawn. There are parts of the lore only found while on Veteran Mode. For Example. On your way to the first primary boss. (Warden) (End of Act 1) You will find lore pamphlets indicating characters in the game. You will not see, nor fight these unique mini-bosses unless your on Veteran Mode.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Enter the Gungeon is tons of fun. If anyone has enjoyed Rogue Legacy or Realm of the Mad God you should check it out.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

first play through was on veteran. in every rep shop the highest tier I had unlocked had items with lvl reqs about 5 above me. now on elite and its looking like ill start hitting revered rep before the lvl req of that gear as well. I don't quite see how that means im playing wrong. I do like to completely clear zones and finish every quest but that's not uncommon play for arpgs.

I suppose I could have worded my complaint as its too easy to earn rep since if the rep gain were slower this wouldn't be an issue for me.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    IMAGIRL likes this.
  6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It was not my intent to insinuate that you were playing it wrong, just that you misunderstood when you were supposed to actually come across them. It seems however you have a fair grasp of that. I apologize.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Forgot to mention this earlier, but... Flash Bangs. They're beautiful.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

On sale. $4.99 USD

9. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Really looking forward to Stellaris. Have it pre-ordered and everything. Looks to fulfill all my relevant space empire hopes and dreams.

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

ugh I still have to play dark souls 1 and witcher 1. on the upside I am 2 achievements away from 100%ing borderlands 2 and borderlands the pre-sequel.

it didn't help that the witcher decided to randomly stop working on my old computer, no idea if it would even work on my new one.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I gave up on the Witcher 1 after a bug stopped me from progressing in the second act. The combat felt very much like paper rock scissors meets one button guitar hero. The storyline was enjoyable though.

Geressen likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Midway through Act II myself.
    Fairly accurate judgement from my view as well so far.

Geressen likes this.
  13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I never liked combat in the first Witcher. Not sure if it got any better in the sequals but based on what I heard... a little bit?

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

100% borderlands 2 and the pre sequel. (gives me breathing room till gearbox begins to work on Borderlands 3)

also got 1 of the last 3 achievements on dead island, soon it too shall be in the 100% complete category ( though if anyone wants to help me get a lvl 44 character up to lvl 50 that be good?)

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

For those who are unaware. Stellaris is out today!

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  17. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I am already like 20 hours in. Tough to get myself to work in the morning and to bed at night.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Just reiterating that this game is great and well worth the cost ($15)

19. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Is it any different to, say, pretty much any other 4X game?

20. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Just found out ffx got released on steam. Hello addiction I thought I had escaped.