Video Games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IMAGIRL, Jun 13, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

On sale for $2.99 USD for the next 26 hours.

Leadrz likes this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

http://store.steampowered.com/app/324190/

Codespells, an indie RPG game with mages. However the spells you can make are limited only by your ability to code them in the game. Currently in Early Access being a Sandbox game, as development is still very early. Interesting concept, check it out.

Leadrz likes this.
  3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Code them as in it's like an open source game and you need to know the programming language? THAT is a nitch game.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The game has its own 'code', and it's made to be intuitive. Naturally if you already know how to program, you will have an easier start, but from the looks of it, it seems to be very simple.

Edit: Fixed quite a few spelling errors. I'm ashamed of myself.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Leadrz likes this.
  5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

The original System Shock has apparently figured out who owns the rights to publish it, and finally made it's way to GOG.com with an "Enhanced Edition" as well (supposedly higher resolution, etc.). I don't know if this particular version is any good, some GOG games can be a bit buggy, but I always liked the first System Shock more than the second, in spite of the overcomplicated movement controls. Might be worth checking out.

I used to play ZZT a lot. That had a rather robust "programming" engine (albeit a "little" slim on the graphics),

(Programming visible at 4:00)

Anything on that level or more simplified?

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

There's a simple version, and then there's the down and dirty, by hand version.

Leadrz likes this.
  7. Ragic

So it's minecraft.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Eh, I greatly dislike comparing games. If I had to choose, it would be the love child of Garry's Mod, and Minecraft.

Leadrz likes this.
  9. Ragic

I wonder what physics they'll use to interact with the life elements (when added). Will it be just moving animals around like they were rocks or will it change them biologically.

To actually craft new effects I would guess life will need its own subset of atributes to manipulate. Like how would you craft a charm spell vs a flying spell. And what would the effect be of charming a dog vs charming something that can speak. will these life elements just grow and populate or will they also manipulate the environment over time. I know the gist of the game is code crafting, but I hope they don't get too hung up on that mechanic and have a larger gaming picture in mind.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    IMAGIRL likes this.
  10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I understand completely.

Leadrz and Ragic like this.
  11. Ragic

If only more people would post that. Pox would have 1000's of active players and Sok would be a rock star. Sigh.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Just sayin'.

(Especially if they meant it!)

13. Ragic

I understand completely.

Ohmin likes this.
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

did you try to write niche?

PS: Googled it looks like you did :http://nl.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nitch
    [​IMG]

15. Ragic

When posting from my iPhone there is 50/50 chance of it deciding to tell me to F off and post what it wants. I'm too busy changing 'their to there' to catch everything. But yes, niche, thank you.

Geressen and IMAGIRL like this.
  16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I understand completely. My iPod does the same thing, and occasionally likes to permanently have caps-lock on. More recently Bold & Italics issues.

Leadrz likes this.
  17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Been playing god hand recently. getting that Ps2 Nostalgia on. Gotta love a game that delivers both a plot that makes 100% sense, yet delivers it almost entirely out of comic relief characters.

18. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Forza 6 has been my game for the past two weeks. Best racing game around

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Man Gran Turismo 5 and forza 3 came out at the same time, how are they both on 6 now lol

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It is an odd one tho. Why does your phone want to type "nitch?" It's not even a real word...

But yea, autocorrect is stupid most of the time :(