Video: Q&A with Senshu (31/10/14)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MentalMoles, Oct 31, 2014.

1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Thanks to all that contributed to the chat submitted questions or sat through the entire Q&A! Here is the Youtube video for anybody that missed it.

Basic Transcript to follow:

Priorities:
    1. From BurnPyro: When will you finally update the balance of map layouts?
    2. From xCovah: When are the balance patches that we were promised coming back?
    3. From Kalasle: What is DOG's biggest priority right now for Pox?
    4. From Ishalia: Has any progress been made on hiring the new programmer(s)?
    5. From hfok: when will we see a tokens pack cost reduction?
    6. From nightbane21: Any plans to add a rune as a prize to PVP or increased gold to encourage people to play?
    7. Fromxezno: Are Legendary runes going to be available from the forge? If so when?

Community:

1. From Kalasle: How often do the Devs/Team read the forums?
    2. From hfok: It is uncommon to see you on poxnora client or reply much in this forum, could you tell us more about your role and job?
    3. From hfok: How's the progression for single player server so far?
    4. From Soulmilk: Can we have a Gedden vs Senshu match in game?
    5. From exiledtyrant: Are there plans to set up interviews to promote the game on other sites after the Ronin release?
    6. From Rokkushun: do you guys still look at bug reports forum? I've had an issue for 3 months going on 4 now and I have yet to recieve a response.
    Future:

1. From xezno: Are there any plans to make shards purchasable?
    2. From xezno: Are there any plans to make some kind of pack that is faction specific?
    3. From xezno: Are Split faction public Decks a consideration for the future?
    4. From hfok: a lot of discussion has happened around increasing the turn timer - was this forgotten again?
    5. From Kampel: could you tell us if campaigns will be getting an update? There are a bunch of campaigns that has been outdated or broken for some time now.
    6. From Kampel: Senshu, could Guilds be integrated into the client in the future?
    7. From chickenpox2: when can we expect new redesigned maps? Can we get a preview?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    Woffleet, Anima26 and mickross like this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

First! In all seriousness, a good watch. Not as informative as I would like, but it kept my attention. New drinking game. 1 Shot evertime Senshu says "uhmm"

3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hey, I was trying to give thoughtful answers without just reading from a script of prepared statements. :p

4. MentalMoles

yea, you really stepped up. I asked the new players in my guild what they thought and it was very positive!

Woffleet likes this.
  5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It's ok. I still love you.

6. Senshu

A big thanks to @Moles1909 for all the work pulling together the questions and being the Host.

Woffleet likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The question is, what to do with the answers we got.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Stopped watching at "it won't be a fast process." Literally all I need to know was answered with that statement.

BurnPyro likes this.
  9. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

Kind of the same reaction - but still watching. Have it paused right now. I understand the community council being consulted for new rune choice and balance issues, but the maps being balance is pure mathematics. It shouldn't take more than a few days to figure out if either starting zone has a definite handicap when it comes to capping fonts and contesting middle/enemy fonts in the first stages of a game. After that's determined, how long would changing the coordinates of a font by 1 or 2 tiles take?

OriginalG1 likes this.
  10. Senshu

We just want to see if some unconventional ideas or if there are some factors that could be overlooked surface. If it is done right the first time then we hopefully won't have to revisit this issue again.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

As a newer player:

Game timer: I like it as is honestly. If it was any longer, matches would be WAY to long. Single player timer is perfect also!

Time stamps in game chat: I love this idea. That would be awesome.

As a person who does have some cash to play with, I feel options are limited. I know free to play is the goal perception but for players who are willing to drop cash, options are just to limited and by limited I mean broad. I would have paid for packs that were faction specific however the current pack options are to broad, hints I used many off site options to build my deck since I didnt want to have to buy every rune in the game when KF is all I care about.

Time to crash, 2hrs of chatter wears me out lol. Thanks for posting this up @Moles1909!

Anima26 and Monyx like this.
  12. MentalMoles

Its info like this that the greens need to hear, obviously from their point of view it'd be much better for a new player to be spending money ON THE GAME rather than on the black market which does nothing to help fund Pox's growth. I'm sure @Senshu will take note of posts like this.

Anima26 and xezno like this.
  13. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i agree completely with this......turn timer is fine....any longer and fw games will go from 1 hour of omg could this be any longer to 2 hours of geezuz im gonna resign cause i dont even have time to finish this game. i think the timer is fine. im sorry to those that cant complete turns in the alotted time. work on not being so slow. i was slow once too but i learned about hotkeys. it helps.

also the time stamps idea is pretty cool. i dig it.

Anima26 and xezno like this.
  14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

anyone want to give me a rundown on the video? not about to watch all that

15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

just think of it as watching a 2 hr movie
    #betterlovestorythantwighlight

16. Tack

Tack New Member

Mebe next time a script of prepared thoughtful answers?

It's good to know that you take in all of the good ideas some of the people here have though. Now just to outsource 90% of your programming :p

17. charlieriot

charlieriot I need me some PIE!

gosh senshu is so yummy! <3

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

RIGHT!

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Terrible time once more.

BurnPyro likes this.
  20. Senshu

Hmm, thanks for the feedback. This is definitely something for us to consider.

Woffleet likes this.