Video: Q&A with Senshu (31/10/14)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MentalMoles, Oct 31, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Animations are what take for ever. If we could find a way to stop animations through an options checkbox that would be lovely.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Some of that is done server side, so even if the animations were disabled on the client it would take the same amount of time.

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

That seems highly inefficient. Maybe you could get it so the client sends a ping to the server to turn off animations. Similar to how the client sends a ping to request rune manager information.

4. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

When you rush something you can't put everything you have into it so I rather you guys take your time and put everything into it.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It doesn't apply to everything, but some of this is hast to be controlled by the server because the animation is what triggers other events. This is the same reason why you can't simultaneously move two champions at once. Some of this stuff wasn't even written by our team originally and now it comes down to a question of time versus benefit. Is it worth spending two months rewriting how certain processes are handled to add a feature that only a small portion of the players would use.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I for one would use it. Animations take up so much time when playing PvP. It may be nice for those who want to sit back and enjoy a few single player games, or with games among friends. However I am pretty sure the majority of ranked players might opt for it. You might create a poll.

7. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

For the time this would take, we have many many things above that in the priority list I think :p

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I know. I would still like it "On the list" though. ;)

9. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I can think of pretty much an entire years worth of things for gedden to do before this even reaches the top 20 :p

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

B-b-b-but what about my 2015 Christmas present. :'(

MentalMoles likes this.
  11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Don't worry, it still can be your christmas present in five years :)

12. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I thought id ask as i actually found it odd that the game doesnt have 'em, and theyd be really helpful. Im not the only one who wants time stamps, everyone wants time stamps, and by everyone i mean atleast 4 people!! Let me have my time stamps now Senshu. :)

13. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

where's this transcript?