Vinetouch Pedestal

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by poxrooster, Jun 14, 2017.

1. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

@Sokolov Can we redo this relic? It is basically useless except for by chance if it'd first drawn. It seems like it go many different ways like tie in with Vine Whip, Nature's Connections, or Race: Plant.

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The simplest solution would be to give it preordained, thus allowing you to add non-Treefolks to a BG, but it could get really nasty.

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

well if it the cost of preordained gets it quite expensive, it isnt that "strong". also it could be seism-able, and it would see play only in tricky bgs. dont know how nasty it could get.

like 45 nora pedestal with 15hp, i don't know if it would be that much op. sure it would see some play

4. poxrooster

I was thinking it would something like the following. Friendly champions within 5 spaces gain Race: Treefolk and Nature's Exploit (When this champion makes a successful basic attack against a target with Ensnared or Rooted or that occupies Vegetation, it gains 1 AP and has +2 DMG for the attack.)

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

it wouldnt change anything. still not playable until its preordained.

6. poxrooster

You're smoking.

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

naaa, never smoked. btw i just missed the part that it was an effect on deploy. that would make it more playable, but too strong. probably in your version it would cost like 55 nora or more.

poxrooster likes this.
  8. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I mean here you're just turning a unique mechanic into rip offs of other abilities.
    Yeh, that's nice if you want KF to be as powerful as possible and keep up with what other factions might have, but to me removing unique mechanics makes the game more boring.
    But I do agree that it's currently too weak, as you have to draw it for it to do anything.

9. poxrooster

New mechanics are not the direction of the game right now, so we have to rely and current stuff. KF struggles with OTS AP gen with the exception of HOO, so this addresses that.

10. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

can you not come up with anything more creative?
    if you wana make another witches hourglass for trees just make a new rune then.
    don't destroy an old rune for that.

11. poxrooster

Okay, you people, I'll try to appease you sentiment for the old pedestal that never gets played.

Option 1 - Stat Boost (30 nora, 21 HP)
    The unit has Preordained, Gift of Scrying, and Grant: Race: Plant (The next 2 champions without Race: Plant or Treefolk that are deployed from the rune dock within 3 spaces of this unit receive Race: Plant. The unit is destroyed on the second occurrence.)

Option 2 - Font Contester (30 nora, 25 HP)
    This unit has Forest Front, Nature's Connections, Unstable, and Grant: Race: Plant (The next 2 champions without Race: Plant or Treefolk that are deployed from the rune dock within 3 spaces of this unit receive Race: Plant.)

12. Elves Rule

Huh I actually really like the idea of making it have a certain number of uses to offset the cost it would get from preordained.

13. poxrooster

Is that a like then? WOW, I appeased KF royalty. Nice!

MaruXV likes this.
  14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I dont think it should get preordained, for the same reason the collective shouldn't. Takes away all the risk of playing these runes.

That said, it should be taken away from the gimmick it is at the moment. Perhaps:

All champions you deploy with race plant/treefolk permanently gain +5 max HP and forest camouflage.

Agh actually just remembered this might conflict too much with heart of the forest.

15. Tweek516

Option 1:
    Like I said, against preordained. HP should be 20. Gift of scrying is kinda cool, but would only work if it gained preordained (which I'm obviously against). Limited use thing is a cool idea.

Option 2:
    Does unstable have anything to trigger off of?

16. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i think preordained on collective or vinetouch could be ok, with a proper cost. 55nora preordained, still seismable collective isnt that OP^^

17. Tweek516

What about gift of ironwood and vitality creation/some other slow healing thing?

18. Tweek516

The preordained thing isn't a power issue. It takes away from a huge part of runes like this - sometimes you don't get them early, and you have to be prepared for that. Collective bgs have been refined to deal with this issue, and work very well.

Makes the rune herp derp deploy t1

19. Elves Rule

With 2 of a rune in your bg you have a 50% chance of drawing it on turn 1 (slightly higher for player 2).
    This becomes 75% when you account for scry.
    This is not really a big enough risk to say "there is an inherant risk with these sorts of runes". It just means 1 in 4 games you can't play it, which I see more as an inconvenience especially if you are trying to run something fun.

Note: If you only ran 1 of a rune, because running 2 pedestals does nothing when you get both, it would make the chance low enough for me to agree.

20. poxrooster

I agree which is why I'd like to go more along the lines of it being a font contester with the granting of Race: Plant. But nostalgic KFers like the old rune design as is.