Void Rim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Vamania, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Vamania

Vamania The King of Potatoes

So, for a Pox player, should I try it? I am not to enthused by the screen shots and with Pox (hopefully) back getting development love, anything new Void Rim brings to the table that I need to try?

* I noticed many posts there are over there vs. here, rather impressive!

2. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

Active development has been temporarily halted while we focus on Pox Nora. Feel free to give it a whirl and let us know what you think though.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No offense or anything, but last times I checked it out it was a huge letdown.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

I thought VR felt both hugely unfinished and like a possible successor to Pox. I would have most likely played it more had it been/felt finished.

Basically I liked where it was going, but it didn't seem like it was there

Woffleet likes this.
  5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Will it ever be ported to OSX? D=

6. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Works really bad for me. Looks like problem is drivers, but older ones haven't been updated for my card in a while :(

Other than that champs seem to die WAAAAYYYYY too fast, like 2 hits from anything and a champ is dead. But as i said i barely tried the game, might have missed something.

7. Vamania

Vamania The King of Potatoes

Well gave it a spin, and not really a fan.

+'s:
    Customizing the units is a blast, both in the options and the fact they can change the units appearance. I really love this.
    Cash or in game points for everything, nothing absolutely requiring money, nor anything absolutely requiring grinding. Truly Free to Play rather then the Free to Try most "F2P" games really are.
    Starter set makes if very easy to get started playing, and is cheap to buy/unlock to start customizing.

-'s:
    Accounts do not seem to be shared. So I need two game accounts and two forum accounts if I want play both your games?
    Headache inducing color scheme, I can't play more then two games in a row. This is a real deal breaker here.
    In game mouse acceleration seems different then out of game, leading to me either coming up short overshooting what I am trying to point at. Which makes the next two problems even worse!
    Very fine grid makes movement look better but makes for hard to click units. I kind of like the finer grid but the short turns plus being able to accidentally shoot your own units in the back makes it bad.
    Tiny UI elements, some of the stuff seems to scale to resolution, some seems not to, leading to very hard to click items at higher resolutions. Changing resolution a lot to test stuff seems to crash the game.