Voil Meta

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

2. Beefinator

Beefinator The King of Potatoes

Glarewing is just rad in general, really underrated. Blinding is amazing.

Vorian likes this.
  3. Moonstone3

Moonstone3 The King of Potatoes

don't you think the voil stormflyers are now pretty bad since they lost deflect electricity?

also you should get G'hern general for designate flag, it upgrades voils evasion to 50% and speed boost is always great

4. Saprophyte

Saprophyte Member

What's your opinions on Voil Courier vs Glarewing if you're just running it for illuminate?

Also do you get much mileage out of Shallaxy?

5. Vorian

If you learned to use Gravity Well effectively then Shallaxy could be a game winner, as he would save your champs having to move 2-4 spaces to attack. Glarewing is way better than Courier because it has illuminate which makes Voil Glarewing cost 67 nora after 3 attacks, and it is good against high def champs, this is not to forget its really hard to 1 turn as well so it makes a good 1 on 1 font contester with 4 range. If you have to prioritise between getting Shallaxyor 2 Voil Glarewings, go for the Glarewings. Dropping the couriers for Voil Transports would be a good cheap way to optimise your deck. Also you are right about G'hern General, I dropped a Voil Infernal for 1.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  6. Saprophyte

Saprophyte Member

Voil Courier has Illuminate too in it's 2nd upgrade tree. >.>
    I actually have every Voil except Ruubgaal and Stalker (and by extension the limited ones). I just want some different opinions on which ones people like more and for what reasons.

7. Moonstone3

I like the conquerors, they are the only voils that make my enemies go ''Oh Pox!'' just slap in zealotry and auto win on the font contestment

Vorian likes this.
  8. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

How do you effectively play voils? I do okay with the deck j made based off yours, aside from winning with conquers, I have no idea how else to play then. So when my 20+damage 100 HP voil dies I just get put on tilt.

9. Moonstone3

that guy forgot to add a few necessary things for his deck

upload_2015-10-30_12-26-49.png

Vicious Harpoon to pull on pray away from its herd and then gang it, and for the empire incase your up against immunity physical or vaporise.
    i would get rid of the second zealotry its not really that necessary outside of the conquerors.

STRATEGY
    Start: conquerors always come out first in the font battlefield (middle font) but if you got sonic elemental put him out first for sure, he can do heck loads of trouble at start game and even middle. if you don't have both, take out the voil passenger, having him around at start can bring your strong champs at the battlefield sooner, and if your just that unlucky just take out the fastest necessary champ you got or shallaxy.

so deploy order from most needed to less needed in start game
    1. sonic elemental
    2. conqueror
    3.passenger
    4.shallaxy

now for the Middle game, bring out the G'hern general to give your voils a speed boost and evasion, since voils lack ranged units they need to deal with ranged attacks, voils usually turtle for the buffs and strike when the moment gives it which is a problem for aoe spells, with designate flag your voils also get 50% spell resistance so your good.

mistakes: designate flag on voils only or the buff wont go to the voils. also make sure to give the flag to a unit that wont be moving anytime soon, since designate flag will wear off if the unit moves. also designated unit will not gain the buffs so keep that in mind.

funny strategy i built for the melee is that with the cavernkeeper you can place him as a meatshield between your important voil and your enemy, that way the enemy will need to waste extra ap to curve around, since cavernkeeper got guarded: voil he wont die so no worries.

and yup that's about it, if you want to do damage with voil skythrash just avalanche flying units for the ground beater. vice versa with lift and voil windstriker

EDIT
    sonic elemental isn't necessary and he isn't really a voil so you don't have to run him, honestly the way im thinking is probably how many shattered peaks players who run him in other bg's think ''max teleport annoying contest unit! count me in'' so just don't run him if you don't feel comfortable with him.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  10. Vorian

Yeh I am finding Voil are really weak atm and I would know as I have played them forever. Seeker Zuo adds nothing to Voil apart from range, but he is a dead draw to contest the side font. If you like the old school Voil playstyle, try playing Sand like I am its really competitive!

https://poxbase.com/deck/C6@c7ZChGCaJC9pC70C8LcwbS8osas84s2-sYS4PrPr2qr19e1l The only Champs missing are Demonic Sandclaws x2 and Farcrags Tardigrades x2.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  11. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Probably build q sand deck soon been meanining to do that. Ended up with a voil deck now lol. It still works does fine, but I'll stick to skeezicks for climbing ranks

12. Moonstone3

I worked so hard on that little guide and ignored all of it, well that's it. last time im gonna help fellow voils