Voil Stormflyer vs Voil Conqueror

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, May 28, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Which would you use in a ff sp deck and why?

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Voil stormflyer's is better, because his sinergies are self contained and he's a efficient tank/beater, with self contained I means that he wors well with himself or in pairs and you are making full use of the rune.
    Voil conqueror is more of a single target burst damage beater, but he needs heal to take full advantage of his leech vitality, also, divert to help him to close the gap is good also.

3. Vorian

Thanks I kind of figured stormflyer is better. G'hern General has to be our most op rune though with designate flagbearer.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I doubt it, there are a lot of other better runes IMO

5. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

:)

6. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I don't think you can compare between the two... one is a tank, one is (as gabriel have said) a burst-damage grower.

when I deploy my storm flyer, I know he's either gonna 1) slow the enemy's rush, or 2) tank the mid font.

On the other hand, when I deploy my conqueror, I'm sure he's gonna be beneficial for me in the next few turns via threat range (enemy not wanting him to even get a hit in).. So both are kinda important picks for diff situations.

Why not put both in?

7. Vorian

Its an important theme enabler for moga, so if they do nerf it hopefully they will make it only benefit g'hern and moga.

8. Ballballer

Stormflyer is x2 auto, and I wouldn't run voil conqueror.......guess that answers your question

9. Vorian

What about chaos brave? Konung recommended it.

10. Ballballer

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

believe in konung over bball any day #oldschool#onlyschool#hedontevenball

12. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Why would you run chaos brave over mud elemental? He's better, but elemental is significantly cheaper and brings more cc (albeit he does less damage in melee and at range).

13. Ballballer

You wouldnt

14. Vorian

I run both chaos brave and mud elemental, I run chaos brave instead of peaks dao.

15. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

But dao flyes and that makes him better with mud elemental, as you can move freely over the mire. Being able to cc your enemy and not your champions is huge.

16. Vorian

Thanks a lot for answering.

17. Ballballer

and dao has initiative 2, hold the line(great vs IS so they cant blink), continuos cc with glorious leap, and he absolutely shreds melee champs with reflexes 3. Chaos brave just tanks physical champs. big whoop

18. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Yes they have different roles:
    Stormflyer is one of the best tanks of the faction atm.
    Conqueror is one of the best melee beaters, but we have a lot more of those and they tend to be less useful in the range centered game.

If you could just run one it's Stormflyer, but there is no issue in running both if you have enough space.

19. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I still think it would be nice if he could glorious leap after using hold the line rather than having to move 1 space.

20. Ballballer

yeah that can get really really freaking annoying hahaha