Voil

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I have seen lots of suboptimal voil decks around using divebombers, so I decided to post a Voil meta deck.

https://poxbase.com/deck/c6mC3ncy9cgDCiVC2LCtLC5nCwHc3QC96s5Qs1ks6Ys59S82s4mr2Yr2ZrOr2le1j

If you want more range you could drop a cavernkeeper and voil guard for 2 screechers. If you get bored of this you could experiment with unstable tigers eye, crack the earth and unstable ground. I feel voil infernal doesnt add enough power to voils to make it worth acquiring them, when you can just use voil windstriker instead. I have voil infernals but I dont use them. The only real change that would be worth while in the deck, is removing the cavern keeper and voil guard to add 2 screechers. The voil guard works well with Lance Admiral Sciean though.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Your entire deck is a vicious harpoon?

How modern.

3. Vorian

Oops my bad I have fixed it now.

4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I also like lifestealer as a 9 speed font rusher.

5. Capricis

Capricis Member

Can someone explain Voil King's Crypt to me? Someone told me to only deploy it when you can proc Warcry off of the summoned Bat Swarm. So you only play it on the very turn you know you can get a kill with it? Because if you don't get a kill with it... It's just a cheap, crappy meat shield. And if you do, yay, two crappy meat shields. Cost effective, but will it win you the game? And it's so gherning hard to get that kill. I also understand Voil has access to both Regal Presence and Boost: Voil, which would make the bat swarm pretty decent, but that's a lot of extra effort.

6. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

W/ warcry, boost, regal presence, banner and peaks tactics, those swarms can do a lot of damage and force an opponent to waste a lot of AP on movement. Plus, if you can get 2 summons out of it, you can probably get more by using those two summons to get additional kills in later turns.

Edit: Plus, they feed surge:voil mechanics on your sorcerers.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    soulmilk, SPiEkY and SaintKiwi like this.
  7. Capricis

Capricis Member

Do you typically only use it in standoffs? Or in place of a spell. And only after you have like three of those buffs? Because it's a pretty sizable tempo hit and I've just never found the nora to use it. But obviously I am not valuing it very much right now. I just would always rather play a thunderhead totem or Voil Guard or something.

EDIT: Pardon me. I'm a noob. I did some more thinking and I can see how it could easily be a tempo gain if you played it on the front lines next to a Queen or Sceian. Compared to just deploying a champ at least. I'll play more games and reevaluate it.

8. Capricis

Capricis Member

And does anyone use Shallaxy after the changes to it? And what do people think about Voil Conqueror?

9. Vorian

Voil Conqueror is great if you deploy it in an arena where it can be up against more than 2 opposing champs, and you put a tempest crown on it. I would not get it if you dont already have it.

10. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

What do you think of Nighthawk? Adds another layer of play to the bg, but is it worth a spot? What is your opinion on the one with thirst for battle and Frenzy? (Frenzy has one of the best art in the game imo, pre-vamp I was running them. They died too fast, but did tons of damage, if the enemy didn`t target him right away.)

11. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I'm the only one using the Lifestealers?

12. Hekau718

Can you post your bg, Ifem21? I don`t know who to replace them with.

13. Hekau718

Someone should do an updated Voil guide. @Vorian

14. Ifem21

15. Hekau718

Since I have all Voils except for Shally, I made one exactly like Vorians first post. Just to get the feel of Voils again. After I feel comfortable to play them again, I will test out all other Voils, and post a bg optimized for me. How is Frenzy working for you, is he worth a spot?

16. Hekau718

I remember running the Titan pre-vamp...I wonder if he is worth a spot right now..

17. Ifem21

The titan is too expensive right now, maybe with the next expansion, they fix them. Frenzy is good meele beater with 7 spd, good potential dmg, and dodge, keeping him alive from ranged ones. For me he is doing fine, try him out, maybe you like using him :D

18. Hekau718

what bout Divebomber vs Frenzy? They seem to share a role of being a badass.

19. Ifem21

Yeah, they share... I hada try putting some in my bg, put didn't found space. I was thinking, maybe one of stormflyers away, but, they are the ebst voil arround, so no. But try him out, I used him before Nighthawk, but the shadowspaw helps a lot against disatent players.

20. Hekau718

What upgrades you run on Stormfliers? - Are Howlers and sorcerers the best ranged sources? What upgrades on Guard?