Walkthrough BG

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by HalfGodBro, Mar 13, 2014.

1. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

Ive tested pretty much all of them, and they really need some kind of love, they really feel underpowered, i understand that they are free to get, but they should be on par with their counterparts

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

3. HalfGodBro

oh well, i'm pretty sure there's already plenty of good suggestion so far :p haha

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Well decks you get for free will (and should) be less impressive than those you spend gold on, that's pretty logical.

5. HalfGodBro

no, in LoL, the champs you spent 6300 IP or 1000 IP are not different in power, theres a Rotation of Free Champions, and theres a rotation of free deck in Poxnora too, all decks should be of equal power

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I agree, they were supposed to be competitive. But it's not reasonable to expect the owls being able to balance things perfectly when they are still dealing with technical problems.

HalfGodBro likes this.
  7. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Indeed, the technical problems should probably take priority at this point. One problem at a time.

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Just by doing dailies you can unlock all the decks in about 2 weeks. Doubt the rotation concept matters much here. That LoL comparison is shaky at best.

Some free decks could use a bump but they're not completely outclassed by the 1k decks. From my point of view the FS (op nurf), KF, FW and ST decks are fine. IS, UD and SP might have to put in some work but can take games. For the SL one it just depends how long it takes you to reveal Vindrax.

What it failed to do, in my own humble filthy casual opinion, is bring a proper learning curve. The FS decks did this right : water matters, hit and run tactics, rush if possible, when all else fails drown it. Then they take it up a notch by slapping semi on everything and main damage dealers being zerkers makes things like undertow skilled but rewarding play. Higher skillcap, better deck. The 2 of them being the best public decks kinda helps I guess.

Then you have stuff like the IS decks. The free one might look like a simple tank and spank bg (and kinda is) but in reality is a 1:45 micro-managing nightmare for newer players. Opposed to that, the other 2 basically boil down to "deploy suitable champ for present situation". Better, easier to play, strong stuff. There's no reason to touch the dorf one except if you want to get smug about it.

There's also extremes. UD has a super sweet old school deck except it might be too simple for it's own good. At the other end of the spectrum you have this spider decks who will fail miserably or win in a spectacular fashion when everything goes well. Sure a semi competent player will roll all over someone with it but that can be said about all of those decks.

The way I see it (and it seems it was not apparent in my first post) is that the walkthrough bgs are supposed to be that : learning tools. When you feel comfortable (and have enough gold) you take it to the next step with the "advanced" deck. It's not that the first batch is weaker, it's that the ceiling is higher on the others. At least in theory...

That being said who cares, fix bugs.

enkiadu and HalfGodBro like this.