Watch this and be a smarter better person.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

youre welcome

yobanchi, PurpleTop and Leadrz like this.
  2. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Pox should have never gone free to play, I agree

PurpleTop, PhdNiceGuy and BurnPyro like this.
  3. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

I lost it after he mentioned Sony.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you actually learned something from that?

jeez, ragic. duller than i thought

5. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I am seeing why sok told me to not put much stock in EC, there is a lot wrong with what they say.

Regulate likes this.
  6. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

i came.

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

qft

8. Ragic

read title again, try harder

I mean really people, if you cant correlate what was said in that vid to EXACTLY what happened to pox then the fanboyitis is terminal.

9. Boozha

Kinda sorta meh-ish, but only tangentially

Als0 his praises for Hearthstone are hilarious, or maybe sad, can't decide

10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

so is pox going to die soon?

11. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

This is good, however I think both dota and LoL are good f2p models. This does absolutely apply to pox tho

12. Boozha

Back in the day maybe, not anymore. If someone is whale here then by choice.

13. Ragic

those who fail to learn the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them. we don't know if legs will be added to the forge. we don't know what level of powercreep the next expansion will bring. we don't know if legs will slowly morph back into must have runes that sell for 200 at poxbox. it never hurts to stay vigilant. try not to let a knee jerk anti-EC sentiment (endorsed by sokolov, ooooooo) get in the way of recognizing the truth when you hear it.

14. Boozha

And you tell what the truth is and not anybody else. Huh, thats convenient

Yeah, lets stay vigilant, but not paranoid

15. PurpleTop

I wouldn't call it paranoia when exactly all the attributes mentioned in the video can be applied to pox. What we can have is faith that when DoG finally releases new content and balance patches that it will give the game new life. So far it has been unsuccessful, as much as I would like to say otherwise

16. Boozha

You are too impatient, the greens have said from the beginning that they will fix it step by step and not bumrush it.

17. PurpleTop

I know, but their steps so far have been largely unsuccessful. I'm not doomsaying, I'm just saying that the loss of players due to a faulty model is not paranoia; it's real. I'm just as excited as you are to see what the final draft will be like, but we may not keep enough players around to support it when it happens

18. Ragic

only time will tell, but its easier to have hope if you agree with the design philosophy of the devs, and that is best evaluated by what they DO not what they SAY. so far I have liked SOME of what they have done and SOME of what they have said.

im skeptical by default because even the best intentioned dev is going to have problems trying to make pox work using a tcg business model. however, hearthstone seems to have found a way to satisfy both whales and f2p'ers. You need both. Pox is not hearthstone and its approach will need to be unique to pox. I understand that. do the devs? are they just hoping by some miracle that they can put a new paint job on pox and start getting mtg like money? I think if they want financial success they are going to have to approach the new pox with the proper philosophy. that you need both whales and f2p'ers. what we have RIGHT NOW does not seem to accomplish either very well. so some criticism is in order.

19. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I mean Hearthstone is still going strong and CAN be played completely F2p once you reach an ok skill.