Water front on Mirefolks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keku, Aug 19, 2016.

1. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

anywhere on the map is not = within 4 spaces.....you act like generator is gushing water, , its 1 tile a turn,, theres nothing slower, , not lumbering, weighty..

so basically undertow is like pull,, or vicious harpoon without needing water or even a spell. .kinda sorta ..
    ,, anyway..

maybe water can be redefined into
    Deep water vs Shallow water,,
    shallow water would be found on some mirefolk champs( as font) and and basically allows that they can freely move without being harmed,,non impeding to opponents,
    But Deepwater,, relics ,monsoon, equip (basicslly anything that has a cost) would be considered Deepwater,, and only in deep water could the spells macca mentioned be used,, drown, undertow etc.. different colored water or something,
    ,,prolly too much,, my point is
    im really just concerned about movements,mostly early game (and we all know how big a deal first few turns are), and I do understand other members arguments.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  2. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

I like the ide with deep and shallow water but imo it would be harder on new players to get a grip with everything pox have to offer ;)

3. bambino

yea I agree as well,, as I was writing,, im thinking of another post in which I mentioned pox needs to streamline, specially for new players playing faster.
    so this idea would just add another layer of complexity .

prymusedek likes this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I agree, we should nerf Moga and make them have to use Ghernhern Scarecrow.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

If g'hern scarecrow's range grew every turn, I'd probably run it

potatonuts likes this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If I have double jabs in any of the factions I played, i'd probably run it

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I've never once claimed that double jabs were somehow not OP, but okay, I guess.

anima62, BurnPyro and potatonuts like this.
  8. Keku

Keku The King of Potatoes

I felt mirefolks had most success being a rushdown deck, and somehow most of the runes encourage that, short duration buffs on deploy, berserker units, slipwater, undertow.
    flood generator just feels like it completely disagrees with that playstyle.
    the moga comparison is a good example, having to spend AP on overseer: moga, or being forced to run the relic would really cripple their playstyle and make them less viable and extremely less fun to play.

I wish drown, undertow, slipwater was toned town if a form of passive and reliable water generation could come back :/

[edit]

being near water is not an added benefit for your champions, such as ST elementals getting nora gem near jakeis, it's actually something you need to do in order to not be stuck with slow af champs (~5 speed) that get chip damage at the start of every turn which is not easy to mitigate, there is no feshcaller mika or g'hern sustainer that synergises with aquatics.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Lushiris likes this.
  9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Except +1 speed. Global buffs that occur during champion deployment is certainly a trait which is always useful and only scales up in value and usefulness later into games. Just because they COULD be played well as a rush down deck doesn't mean they should. Also don't forget that all you need is 1 water space so hoorayy for tide masters bandoleer.

One more thing to add a lot of water generation in fs has an additional effect on top of water. So don't act like monsoon is 45 nora just to generate water

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Idk about you guys but my Mirefolk BG is still super aggressive/rush orientated.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

FS players man

themacca and SPiEkY like this.
  12. bambino

if ghern scarecrow area increased in size every round, im sure most would run it,, throw in some more spells and equips for Overseer wouldn't be bad,,,,(instead of VP, WoM, etc in yer spell slots ) ,, but overseer is to be removed (font champ) from all but maybe 2 of yer ghern...still nice? cuz thats the deal aquatics were given..

zombie lumbering (on the RF) shows about 4 champs out of 31 with any kind of moving penaly.mosty 60ish nora or less.
    thats a non issue, , unless the suggestion is toward the millions of sum/swarmed zombz taking up half the screen.

again talking about movement..but everybody is worried about drown.
    OP was told in the VP thread,, that super champing (spell equip) was risky against SP cuz VP is lurking, so its there own fault,,
    but no one can see a fukin puddle under there feet? or 1 round it?,, ok cast monsoon then drown ,120 nora ?! thats a definte 2 rounds no summon. . screw dat,,

so worried about drown? ok,,
    other facs have terrain mods,, ST snow, SL sand, IS rock etc,, even FW has a nice dmz,,
    they are there, ,, use em,?, nah. just gut FS

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

there should be definite air quotes around the word "gut"

14. bambino

I wanted to save the quotes until after the healing nerf :)