We discuss doomsday revamp changes ITT

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Jib, Jun 26, 2014.

1. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Skeez spell also pretty good now. Especially as everything is upgraded.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It is, but the Hunter they get is "better" as well.

Still, can't go wrong with a turn 1 Revolt, SIX SPEED FOR EVERYONE! Also, trapper is 4-5 now for some reason (and I like it)

Woffleet likes this.
  3. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Assuming you're running it in a skeez bg the hunter would be better. But in goodstuffs there are other things to deal with the hunter.

4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Our doomy is race dragon now.

5. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

This isn't really true. Skeez warcry, instigate, and surge all tie the theme together with skeez synergy. And then March, Quicken Waylay, andRevolt all add synergy as well.

The skeez theme is prob the most developed one left in the faction.

Woffleet likes this.
  6. michael pietrzak

michael pietrzak The King of Potatoes

its the price we pay for epicness

Woffleet likes this.
  7. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Most Skywins got really expensive, and the racial is redundant on Imperator as he gains nothing on offense from the +2 Damage.

They still rock though, but costs kinda forces defensive gameplay (of course that was before I put 2 Varu Howlers in).

8. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Would be nice if we got more access to Sever Summons - specifically as an upgrade on Draksar Psion :p

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I was wrong, beasts still super good. But you NEED that herder early, the whole thing falls apart quite easily. Might have to splash some other range in there because even when boosted, Sandhunters are kinda meh. And slapping a Mantle on them just seems dumb.

10. Emries

I just noticed afflicted corpse has locust swarm ----- but not locust.

11. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I'm running the owls and cannonneers in my beast deck as range. The owls are still dishing out insane amounts of damage post revamp, and my personal equip of choice for them is the scyth of gore. Yes it makes them expensive, but the threat of an owl of doom popping out and double tapping for around 50 dmg will dramatically alter the way an opponent plays.

Also Snogs no longer has mythical so you can double drop the Snogs.

12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Tis very sad indeed. I wish it at least had it as upgrade (so there's no potential problem with the swarmed champion getting it).

13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I was surprised as well. Don't even care about running them for 83, might as well get a use for that refund somewhere.

14. Sirius

Guys, the Sandstalker Dustdevil is REALLY good. Like "omg OP!" kind of good, imo. 7 speed, Mobility, Whirl of Blades, Zephyr Shield. I saw it played with Regen 3, so the indirect damage dealt to it was greatly alleviated too. Don't be fooled by the ~89 nora cost, it does a lot and it easily stands in line or surpasses other similarily costed champions. Unless you use things like Poison Cloud, Dispell or Precision, you're kind of screwed, and even then you're in for a tough fight! Fortunately it can't touch relics. Oh, and just think how great even a small damage buff is on him!
    I did manage to beat 2x of them in a game, but that is seriously only because I was playing something even MORE op (namely FF SL Dragons with Maulers and Skywing Rumblers). And even then it took all I had. I'm sure there are decks that can just debuff/imobilize him into oblivion, but it seems like it almost guarantees a win against most decks. Maybe you guys can try them out and see if they're indeed as strong as they seemed to me?

15. Dtail

Dtail The King of Potatoes

so shifter seems alright now his pit dragon from seems better than the actual pit dragon

16. Emries

Skeezick Arthromancer has Brood Bond and Locust Swarm too. This guy isn't even counted as an arthropod and has more arthropod abilities than most arthropods XD

17. Sirius

Because of Locust Swarm I wanted to splash him in a deck to compensate for a lack of Sunder. But I stopped short of doing so because 5 speed still hurts. Maybe it's just my pre-revamp formation kicking in. It seems to me more and more that we're gonna return to those days where all FF SL bgs had Draconic Benediction. I don't want deck space and design options being limited like that again!
    Well, I guess we'll see.

18. Emries

Are you saying you don't run DB? I'm pretty sure those days never ended, just augmented with Quicken.
    :p

19. Sirius

I don't run DB currently, and I know there are some adepts of forgoing DB for Quicken mini-powerturns and back up Quickening. BUT I do still add DB as much as possible in my decks, it's just that I've been playing KF/SL lately and that alleviated my need to crutch on it (and I currently run FF SL with 2x Statue, so no). You're probably right. However, I feel like the loss of Invigorate on Broodqueen and the fact that cool/strong abilities like Petrifying Gaze and Locust Swarm are now on champions a tad too slow (imo) to land them well is gonna make us crutch even MORE on DB. And moreso than Quickening because the extra AP can be used for abilities too, not just attacks.

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'm seeing the exact same champ I saw before the revamp. Minus Violent/Hostile. That champ did not see play.

I don't get it.

BurnPyro likes this.