We need to encourage requeuing for the 2nd game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TinfoilHatTheory, Aug 18, 2017.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Band aid fixes are exactly what we need right now, so much is wrong with that client that any improvement to get people actually playing again is a plus. Furthermore I very much doubt any major updates will be rolling in after that catastrophe with the new client.

I'm awaiting the great Pox revolution just like the rest of you but let's not get ahead of ourselves, a working client should be our top priority and if a small change like this improves the ranked environment in the mean time then why not? It's not like he is suggesting we overhaul the entire ranked system, this is hotfix type stuff.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. Double post bug.

3. Do the maths:
    - It cost 60, 000 US/yr on the cheap for a game dev.
    - I spent $200 this month, prob all I'm spending this year
    - We need 300 paying players to pay for a fulltime dev. Do we even have 300 players, let alone 300 paying players?

- We haven't even factored in Sokolov's income yet, or any other employee's.
    - We haven't even factored in this is a business, their aim is to make money. So add profit margin on top of the costs.

Now you get an idea of how much resources they're willing to put in this game. Apparently old Pox numbers wasn't good enough for MikeLin. Apparently Pox's "glory days" are just around the corner. This game isn't the next League of Legends, it's a 10 year old game ffs. It's amazing it got this far running on Java.

Unless someone wants to start a crowdfund to pay for a fulltime dev. Sht ain't roses anytime soon.

PS: If you think my deck is cheese. Go watch antoinelut. NOW THAT IS SUPER CHAMP CHEESE.

4. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

PS4 was their opportunity to do so but they screwed it up bigtime. Point I'm making is they've had a lot of opportunities to make money, the first steam release was their biggest loss. Yet over and over they made the same mistakes. I still remember how excited Gedden was when they aqcuired Poxnora. Now he doesn't even dare show his face. It's entirely their fault they aren't making any/much money. Releasing midterms in a state of crisis for a quick cashgrab doesn't work anymore

potatonuts likes this.