Weekly Flash Tournament

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PoxBot, Jan 10, 2018.

1. PoxBot

PoxBot Active Member

Here's how it goes down:
    • 4 players, single elimination and a bronze match for third place.
    • Format will change every week.
    • Prizes will vary for second and third place and I expect them to be symbolic at best but first place will always be a LE recolor rune from the faction used or one of the two played if it's a multi-BG/split format.
    • Winners will not be allowed to sign up again for 3 weeks/tournaments as to allow more diversity in the competition.
    The idea is to organize swift tournaments that can be resolved in a day or two with formats to break away from the standard meta and to never play the same format two times.

Here are some sample formats that have been used in the past:
    • Highlander (no duplicate runes allowed)
    • Colosseum Battle 3v3 format
    • Banlist/Draft
    • Permadeath
    • Pokemon Battle 6v6
    • Commons only
    • Mono/Duo class
    • King of the Trash format (everyone makes a terrible deck, they get shuffled and assigned to random players)
    • Shoebox League

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Karamasov, bambino and Tweek516 like this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Sounds great. Shoebox league can be a little hard to define, but the others look fun as all hell.

3. PoxBot

PoxBot Active Member

Yes. I think Shoebox League would probably be the one to take the longest as far as deck approvals would go and there would be a lot of objections or bickering about what does make it to the matches. The general idea would be to bring extremely inefficient runes like Wizened Wren or Mountain Sentry into play one way or another. Split BG enforcement would probably facilitate this by giving 2 pools of terribad champs to pick from.

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

King of Trash sounds fun!

5. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

these really do sound fun,,, and I would be into some alt modes of play.

@Imba
    hello imba, the reason I summoned you to this thread is because seeing how nice the mod is , and how nice u make things :).
    Also u mentioned if anyone had any request (although im not sure how wide that statement is) id give it a try.

Is it a monstrous task to make an ingame tourney brackets , that we can all see, and be part of the game? so that organizers, guild leaders etc can make there own tourneys?
    4 player,8 player 32 player?
    also that it would save info if the tournament took more then a day?
    is this even feasible, impossible? or possible but just tons of work?
    thoughts?

i wish I knew how to do it myself,, if I could I would.

6. PoxBot

PoxBot Active Member

There is a website dedicated for keeping track of tournament standings and even making bets.

http://challonge.com/

bambino likes this.
  7. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

well thats pretty rad,, never even knew stuff like this was available..(pretty dumb of me since almost everything is available)
    Its not "in-game" as I
    imagined, nevertheless kool stuff.
    might even use it fer my super mini tounrnies after ive familiarized myself with it.

thanks bruh :)

8. PoxBot

PoxBot Active Member

Week 1 tournament info:

Format: Commons only. Single elimination. FF and splits allowed.
    Time frame: Monday 15 through Sunday 21 of January.
    Signup status: Open.

Prizes:
    1st place: Bonds of War recolored rune from a faction played(in the case of a split, you choose one of the 2 factions for the prize). The runes in question Badgerwulf, Dark Knight, Jakei Warfoot, Moog Gargantua, Purple Dragon, Spring Dragon, Sunnderpede and Woodland Marshal.
    2nd place: Random rare from played faction, a platinum token and one circuit point**.
    3rd place: A circuit point**, platinum token and the right to sign up for another tournament after 2 weeks instead of 3.
    4th place: A free 5 minute psychiatric session with me.

Bonus:
    A random rare rune from your played faction and a circuit point if your BG design catches my attention in a good way(an obscure, functional combo, synergy or unusual thing).

To sign up, just PM me a list or image of your deck. Once I check that everything is in order, you will be added to the bracket on a first come first serve basis until all 4 slots are filled up.

**Circuit points will be redeemable rewards on the long run. I'll elaborate by the end of the month.

Karamasov, Fentum and bambino like this.
  9. Fentum

Fentum The King of Potatoes

Sparkling effort. Well done.

10. Gnomes

Gnomes I need me some PIE!

Ooh ya the trash one does sound fun

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Vanguard

isn't 4 players a bit too low? maybe 8?

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I believe the goal is to have the tourney finish up in 1-2 hours tops.

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Vanguard

yeah but it seems even too fast... 8 people is over in a weekend.

14. PoxBot

PoxBot Active Member

Yeah. Short, easy to record/archive somewhere and then we move on to something else next week.

15. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

lemme get in on dis

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Desert Owl Games

Shoebox could take data from a recent tourney (say, MaruVX's), and just eliminate all the runes people used.

17. PoxBot

PoxBot Active Member

Alright. Just need 3 more and send me your common BG later. I'll make a separate thread with brackets and stuff.