What about paladins/barbarians?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Aleswick, Mar 3, 2014.

1. jayscales1

jayscales1 The King of Potatoes

constructs have nora gen. :p

2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

What I've been dying to ask is:

Are most Paladins secretly Bounty Hunters?

Inquisitor have bounty hunter, Draksar High Marshall have bounty hunter... what's up with that (flavorfully)? Paladins wouldnt monetize their opp's head.

3. jayscales1

jayscales1 The King of Potatoes

yes i think palis are bounty hunters in general

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Paladins have Veilwalker.

5. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Money-Lad-ins.
    Moneyladins.

6. Aleswick

Aleswick Member

I don't use Ironfist Inquisitor. Magnus has bounty hunter and he is not only cheaper, but more effective. Also, I find that crusader has replaced her as well.

7. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

on an unreleated note. How long has charger knight been a paladin?

8. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

It was changed like a year or more ago.

9. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

thanks tarth, now the queation is, is it worth running for 80 nora?

10. Tarth

No idea, Ive been gone at least a year if not 2 ( was hardly around when it was changed). You get a very hefty unit for 8 nora that has a few nice upgrades and built in theme synergy out the horse butt. IF you can get the quest ticked it should be worth it.

I like to run inquisitors in my paladin bg with a heavy CC/anti spell vibe. OR at least I did when I played. SO I would use RS spam on this guy to allow him to charge in. I was the odd player who used crazed charger to work off of theme/faction AP gen/AP saving to pull out 2 charges back to back in a turn for killer damage. Doubt it was the best choice though.

11. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I find that Charger Knigth is one of the best beaters. It punishes your enemy for bad positioning, and it's mere presence disrupts the battlefield. Also, a good unit to counter colossal units.
    I used to upgrade Crushing Charge and Blitz, for more threat range. Against the AI I tried the combo G.Flux + Barricade + Strip armor + Charge. Of course it requires an obnouxious amount of nora, but the numbers you pull worth it.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Charger Knight is worth it.

13. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Vengeant Knight

Upgrades:
    Defensive stance+ any upgrade

run 2, an attendant squire and a ranged healers (cardinal preistess) and behold the cheapest super tank ever given to IS Paladins.

14. Tarth

not that cheap when you need 4 champs....

Cydna likes this.
  15. blaahahaha

blaahahaha Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind getting barbs back the way they were before they got the new ability which would only last a turn unless they died... sigh I miss how they were

xRugolth likes this.
  16. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

Barbs used to be beast with tha last stand and I never thought it was op cause there are plenty of perseverance counters

blaahahaha likes this.
  17. blaahahaha

And if u want perseverance u have to give up a strong champ now which ruins the combo of divintys touch. On a side note wild chieftain needs incite back instead of war cry other wise wat makes him a barb. His unique ability made him a necessity within a barb bg but now he has become forgotten like the rest of the barbs

18. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

19. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

Dwarfs are good? Always thought they werent so viable.

20. blaahahaha

Yeah I suppose there r still some nice champs like the displaced but wild chieftain is still a barb that holds not special value like before