What are the current worst themes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Mar 8, 2016.

1. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

KF: Centaurs, Wilderkin, Elven Army

super71 likes this.
  2. LadyJava

LadyJava The King of Potatoes

Trap decks use to be great back in the day but its not detection that hurts them its this new thing that only allows them to last a few turns

super71 likes this.
  3. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Do you even play?

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

yeah, kf elf archer has been top meta for a while now

super71 likes this.
  5. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Do you ever complain?

6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Centaurs and Wilderkin can't really be called themes, and elves are far from being bad.

super71 likes this.
  7. gopuu420

gopuu420 Well-Known Member

ST lonx need help , give some powerful champ which is like frostfall vanguard , last expansion 's legendry is looing like a pupil against giant size enemy champs. no doubt lonx icelord is powerful champ but size is small.

8. gopuu420

Magnus the fallen is escaped from all's memory.

9. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Woah. What? I'm assuming that's super recent. Pretty lame.

super71 likes this.
  10. Lushiris

Something had to be done though, traps were ridiculous without the clause... It just took a long time until people noticed that.

super71 likes this.
  11. LadyJava

if you have balance in your decks you will in this case detection and then you should handle it pretty well.

super71 likes this.
  12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

There were times when traps covered an entire map/path way. Even with detection you'd just see that if you stepped anywhere you'd take damage. Detection used to only half counter traps.

Tweek516 likes this.
  13. LadyJava

that's kind of the idea for traps to ward off the enemy or take dmg it was a distraction while fighting champions came about and take advantage of the enemies dis-advantage

super71 likes this.
  14. gopuu420

Ty for praising bro

15. Lushiris

The thing is, you could put so many traps that they weren't just a distraction, they won games just by sitting on the field forever, ruining any attempt of movement and actually dealing a lot of damage.

16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I agree but the new change made trap champs garbage, pretty much all trap champs aren't ran anymore except moga. What ruined trap bgs was salaman trapper, it was just a case of one champ being op again so we did a blanket nerf on all traps.

17. gopuu420

I can't understand what u exactly wants to say?

18. Lushiris

That seems to be the problem with traps, apparently nobody wants to use them as support damage, but make their BG's based on spamming a lot of them. It seems people feel traps aren't good enough to be scarcely on the field, OR that they can't place them correctly to actually bring out the most of this very specific damage/ CC source. Just a couple ideas about what might be the problem with traps.

Now the deal is thinking about what could be done so that they're good enough without requiring a player to amass an insane amount of trap champions, and baalanced enough so that you can't kill several enemy champions without even engaging them.

super71 likes this.
  19. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I would be fine with traps lasting forever if they lost the ability to stack on same space.

Lushiris and super71 like this.
  20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Honestly I would be okay if traps just gave dot damage and a debuff.

Example: Poison trap gives the poison dot rank 3 and the -1 def, the trap lvl could also determine the level of dot.

I'm actually kinda surprised they haven't done this yet.