What are the runes to look out for each faction?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomes, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

this is what i have so far:

upload_2021-6-23_11-37-36.png
    upload_2021-6-23_11-37-59.png

Drache77 likes this.
  2. Drache77

Drache77 King of Protectorate and Great Emperor of Pox Nora

ST: frigid barrier FS: hippo stampede SL: enslave and the spell that makes u lose all AP when teleport

Gnomes likes this.
  3. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Is the point of this list to list things that you can't see coming or just general power runes? I don't really agree with a lot of these except maybe the FS one.

Kf one decent but lacking as well.

Gnomes likes this.
  4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Do people still use Snowblind?

Gnomes likes this.
  5. Bushido

Yeah I saw it recently. I don't really think it's that strong though.

For fw, xulous, eternal lich, oblivion hex , doom should be added. I'd even add shank. Remove skull of decay, it isn't nearly as good as oblivion hex.

Honestly though, none of this matters when you can beat 90% of decks with stitched combo. The entrie list should just be comprised of "ash, vex, aspect of divinity, doom, Jakei frost queen, vo, sacrifice" because that's about the current state of pox

Gnomes and SPiEkY like this.
  6. Bushido

Also, not putting griffon perch or macadamia in is? Eroding winds?

Gnomes likes this.
  7. Bushido

Humble in st, arctic wail...

Gnomes likes this.
  8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Tainted Statue - SL, Last seen in a FS/SL Equip bg, If the statue sees play, you know there's shenanigans afoot.

Caliginous Cauldron - UD

Nefari Griefbearer - UD The King of utility in the Depths. The quicker he dies the better the match will go for you.

Reclaim - KF

Alacrity - SP

Elemental Vortex - SP, Stronger than it looks, and can get even stronger due to comboing with Hunter: Walker for a potential 18 dmg AoE 2 and it lasts for 6 turns. Very cost efficient spell.

Chronomancer - ST

Jakei Frost Queen - ST (Sovereign Bounty)

Naria Queen - KF/UD (Sovereign Bounty)

Really any Sovereign Bounty unit, but those two are the most egregious.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Gnomes likes this.
  9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Fan Faire - KF

Woodland Portal - KF, and to a lesser extent Epochal Oasis

Wavecrusher - FS difficult to use, but if you're facing an FS bg with water generation, do keep the possibility in mind.

Gnomes likes this.
  10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If you limit it to runes that have immediate effects or whose real impact cannot be determined by a quick read of the rune, which is the kind of runes you need to have memorized, I would add:
    FS: poison trap, undertow, slipwater, murkwater weakness, drown, mirefolk revival abilitiy
    FW: bloodbinder count, despoil, soulreave, xulos, bone trap, Mind shackle
    IS: Geomancer, gravity flux, earthquake
    ST: lonx bonecharm, frigid barrier, Crystal phoenix, containment unit
    SP: sceian/wardrummer (battle harden)
    SL: purge, forced transfusion
    UD: Maddening echoes, mandate from sheoul

Gnomes and IMAGIRL like this.
  11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Slaver's Whip - SP
    Reaper's Blade - FW
    Magnetize - SL
    Draconic Benediction - SL , Honestly, just add any AP gen to your list, they've always been meta includes.
    Light as a Feather - KF, 1ap, Mobility, Flight, and Lethargic/Lumbering/Weighty negation.
    Lash Down -KF, More of a problem in Treefolk, but sees some use in De'lim and meta too. Rooted, Distracted, +2ap for Treefolk, very strong.
    Snake Charmer - KF Summons, Healing, Global Boost, cheap deploy.
    Elven Bard - KF General Support and Global AP Gen
    Elven Treecaller - KF Usable with any Upgrade configuration so make sure you check, Jack of all Trades, Support, Minor Bruiser, Summons...
    Condor Fury - KF An annoying favorite of @Karmavore an a good tank unit in general that sees play in many decks due to it's racial typing of Beast/Elf. Be wary around fonts.
    Vinetouch Pedastal - KF if you see this, you're about to have a very bad time with a very unorthodox Tree BG.
    Chained Fae - KF

I don't know why I'm shitting on KF today.

Gnomes likes this.
  12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

D;

IMAGIRL likes this.
  13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

People run griefbarer?

Gnomes likes this.
  14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

He's very good - loads of excellent utility abilities (Nexus Aura, the AP loss one, ghetto cleanse) on him and also a half decent combat champ as well.

I think he'd see a lot more play except defensive utility champs generally don't mesh with the UD playstyle so well.

That said, making a big powerturn then draining all AP to kill their counter attack is satisfying.

@Gnomes I'd say the best UD champs are: Vothair Overlord, Chosen of Osirus - not sure if you were asking for the best ones or just things that might screw you over unexpectedly, in which case i'd add Snowblind to ST for the insta-loss when playing a retribution.

Gnomes likes this.
  15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Yeah im looking for runes that are just seen often in top tier bgs, (to smoothen the curve as i say, like how i add mika / ritualst to all my sp bgs just to make sure i dont get insta losses and because they make many themed tier 3 bgs into tier 1's) same goes for mino stoker in my eyes, just that one guy, and you get so much out of him that will allow you a win. which would cause a non fleshed out theme not to have the resources to win another game.

16. Bushido

Accidently deleted my long comment, but I think that only focusing on units that can change the board state in a single turn / 2 turns max is better. meta will change, game is not competitive enough to say what you should be wary of as a static entity (example, whats popular might change when new strategies are discoverd / their efficenies are better known).

17. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

why does no one respect slavers whip in SP? Spot possess and spot drive is game changing

SPiEkY and IMAGIRL like this.
  18. Bushido

I don't respect it because it's Firking bull Bane Shift. Having that AND vp in the same faction and an efficent deploy bonus is the reason I don't actually understand why ppl play ff fw.

But anyways, Vex got approved so these kind of subtleties are above par.