What are the strong themes in KF right now?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by phdstax, Nov 8, 2016.

1. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

I don't see many with all the recent changes. Anyone doing well in ranked with a certain theme?

2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I don't mess around with themes that often, but the Meta seems to be working alright.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Delim is still strong.
    Wizards
    Fae
    Vashal

All good

Tweek516 likes this.
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Strong KF themes: D'elim, Magic Amp, Fae.
    Decent KF themes: Vashal, Archers (as a module), Beast, Garu (debatable), Treefolk (debatable), Meta.
    Needs work KF themes: Garu (debatable), Treefolk (debatable), Elves, Rangers.

Feel free to fill in.

5. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Just wanted to say, KF wizard/magic amp/meta (the same stuff) has really good range of great units. The S/E/R part could be stronger and more universal.

6. Xenoro

Xenoro New Member

Would someone mind listing the current meta (with options at particular slots if there are any)? I've been out of the game for a long time but I have a pretty extensive Kthir rune library. Thank you for your help, and it's nice to be back.

7. Xenoro

Xenoro New Member

Lists of sample meta decks are particularly helpful. To me and any other new players.

8. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/cd-cxlcvbctycp4cx5c1-ct_c6Jc5Acv_cg8chvchzcwXcvkc3FcicfQcgTc9l
    This is the most current meta champions I've found. There are the best of KF and If I want to build a deck, I'm looking for synergy for champions from this list. As you can see there are couple beasts, fairies and elves, most of them being wizards.
    Of course there are other good champions that you could consider playing, because they fit a role you need. For example KF usually needs a champion based shatter. I would use elven blademaster in most cases (meta, elves) but also fairy trickster in (wizards, magic amp, fae). You can also use things like experimental warspirit for countering some stuff (he's good, but quite hard to use, and people might outplay you on the board, for example block his road with some silly 10hp champs). You can also use things like sporegill (good cheap champ I've used him in elves, but he shines in delim the most), or dragonbark protector.
    It is also possible to build on thirion module with 2 garu chosens and focus on amplifying magic from that point. If you wanna focus on beasts, ancestral avenger, alghough his main strenght got nerfed, he still deals tons of damage with 8 speed, goes incorporeal and tanks 70 hp, and there is bliss, that heals almost full hp with magic acolyte every turn. I've seen people use bowmage, warcaller fiorn or aspect of life with success too and DMr (i think) plays blitz bg with centaur bolters and civilized wilderkins. All depends on whether and how can u use the guy and his abilities the most.

Example magic amp base (fill in with spellset that fits your playstyle, for example, i dont' always use reclaim or cleansing emerald, but I'm not top tier):
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CxlcgbC1-cLct_chbcunCwXc3FcfQcgTC9lS1vs8BS7WrUR25eW
    I tried to make a beast module (tanky frontline+backline snakecharmers) but there is no real synergy other than boost and couple protective champs.
    Will add later an elf build here.

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!