What are you good at?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Poxpoints, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

I'm a fairly curious, young person and would like to sharpen my skill set, even if it isn't something that might benefit me right now.

As such, I'm wondering what do you guys consider a skill you're good at and (depending on the skill) would you be willing to "mentor" someone?

As in, would you be fine with me asking questions and give me some pointers to get started and the most important traps to avoid if I'd be interested to learn your skill.

Certain random things I'm currently interested in:
    - Programming (I already have some experience here).
    - Stock trading
    - Import and export
    - Sailing
    - Diving
    - A bunch more, so whatever you got, feel free to share!

I can share budget travel advice and direct sales advice.

2. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

dodging questions

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Oh I am a born philosopher, my specialities include:
    1. Lamenting the failure of soceity to invest in new futuristic technology
    2. complaining about the flaws in the economic system and job market leading to poor optimisation and aplication of available skills and abilities and dreams of the people
    3. generally not liking to be around humans but recognizing that they all deserve hapiness at the same time.

Also what Dagda said hence the lack of any actual skills or abilities.

I also get massive outpourings of stress based sweat if I fall asleep on busy trains because as stated before human; I don't like them.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I know how to army and the art of shamming

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I have ninja skills. but the last person I trained wanted to use his power for good so I had to kill him.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Crisis Management. I'm generally the most care free person you will ever meet but when the **** hits the fan I transform into a different person that is deadly serious and immediately in charge. My job/life is relatively stress free so it only ever happens once or maybe twice in a year if at all. However, I wouldnt really consider it something that I could train another to do. I have just always been calm when blood is on the ground or action needs to be taken.

Poxpoints likes this.
  8. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Look at the sky and think about what could happen / what happened before and just thinking how life was more intresting back in the day before we filled the edges of the map and discovered everything and became bound by passports , jobs etc.

The world is a huge place and we only have a little while to spend on it and its sad how little we actually get to see and experience in the small place we live in

sorry what was the question again I am fairly drunk and forgot what the question i was supposed to not answer was

9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Being lazy, but since iam so good at it i cant be your mentor in it really...

10. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Being smarter than everyone else.

BurnPyro likes this.
  11. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

As an old lazy person, the thing i regret a bit is that i didnt bother taking better care of my body when i was younger. no then i was focused on today, learning new things (in IT), solving problems, working 24/7, spending money...
    so if i should give a tip from a 40+ IT Tech or whatever iam is to learn Yoga or Calisthenics, or if you are into some danger, Parkour
    The mobility, flexibility and understanding of the body you get from the 2 first will improve your life.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I am good at rummikub.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

i challage u

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what is challage?

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]

Etherielin, Qucas and Dagda like this.
  16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I enjoy rummikub as well.

I'm 36 and in the same boat as @Hierokliff, IT work does not help a body. I need to work on my physical condition.

As for what I'm good at, system administration is my forte. VMware, Windows servers, and Exchange are my core technologies with Cisco UCS and Nutanix as areas of growth that I'm working on.

Hierokliff and Geressen like this.
  17. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I'm pretty good at complaining. Anywhere, anytime and about anything I will do it.

Gnomes and Geressen like this.
  18. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I'm good at questioning orders, even though I've been working on it for years.

Geressen likes this.
  19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'd like to hear some of your budget travel advice.

20. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

A couple of questions:
    - Where would you like to travel?
    - How long would you like to travel?
    - Where do you live? (Flights etc.)

If you don't know yet, I can give you some general advice, but if it's more specific, it helps!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Tweek516 likes this.