What do I buy next? Looking for some helpful IS advice...

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by panthersfan95, Aug 26, 2017.

1. panthersfan95

panthersfan95 New Member

So, I decided to spend a little and get some credits and support this game. Now, where do I go next?
    I'm already diehard IS and have built a couple of dwarf and barb decks with what I can get free. Is the premade tinkerer deck worth it? I'm not into constructs, so figured that wouldnt be for me. Are the midterm packs good for IS or should I get tokens and an avatar and just fortify what I have? Still need a Bastion and Zedin, among other heavy hitters. Hook me up gentlemen, the noob awaits your input. :cool:

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- If you going strong with FF IS...I guess there is full blown Paladin... but then your making an expensive so/so deck. Unpopular opinion I know but splits with IS are powerful due to the spell selection of IS much like FW.

p.s. Random split synergy IS/FS - salaman/armory , IS/FW - dark paladin or heal/counter heal, IS/SP - control deck/elem-struct

panthersfan95 likes this.
  3. panthersfan95

panthersfan95 New Member

Thanks, definitely going IS, been looking at several Pally options posted as well as different Barb setups. I ended up getting my avatar and buying a few packs to forge/trade. Main thing is trying to get a feel for the game and find a playstyle that suits me. I'm actually leaning more towards the barb/pally gamestyle over the dwarfs and I might try your IS/FW option. Thanks again.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Unless a lot has changed, Paladins tends to be one of the more expensive BGs. If Constructs look interesting to you I'd suggest starting to acquire some of those runes. I personally wouldn't buy any of the premade BGs (unless they've changed) because iirc you can get more bang for you buck.

Silverclan Protector is one of those must have runes for Constructs.

5. panthersfan95

panthersfan95 New Member

Not interested in Constructs, I do have a couple of the cheaper pallys. Right now just trying to find a Barb bg I can work with. Been looking at different bgs posted and trying to play within my limited knowledge right now. Going against the AI doesnt help, but I'll be jumping in some PVP soon, as well as Maru's tournament. Thanks for responding.

6. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

IF you spend money on the game i recommend getting the midterms. for each legendary you get that you dont want use www.poxbox.net and trade or just put up a trade inside poxnora.
    if you got gold from doing daily/quests buy the 5k gold premade decks, start with the IS ones and then go to ST and make shards and craft the IS runes you want.
    5k gold is fast to get and the premade decks (Dancers in the snow) are containing so much shardvalue.
    i got all IS runes this way, except limited editions, it did take a while but playing PvE gives both gold and runes so i farmed alot of PvE, think i still got 200k gold to use and almost all IS and UD runes.

saving up gold still because there was a forum post earlier that they will change the marketplace and make packs/boxes better and cheaper. so saving some, using some.

7. panthersfan95

panthersfan95 New Member

Thanks man, that's great to hear if it's true. I did buy some packs and I've sent most of those to poxbox. It looks to me like it's quicker,maybe better, to go that way instead of shards. It looks like I get more value for some of my commons rather than the 4 shards in the forge. What do you think?
    By the way, you've been a big help in forming my IS decks. I know you say you're not a good player, but I like the way you've built your barb decks that I've seen and they've been helpful in trying to figure out which way to go. So thanks again, and IS is OP. :cool:

8. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Some are so worth trading for in poxbox, others are better to forge. Sometimes i did forge the most expensive rune in poxbox and trade in that and get what i wanted instead.
    Barbs are very fun, and so much options in upgrades, but lack a bit of synergy with spells that the holy themes have.

9. panthersfan95

panthersfan95 New Member

I guess I'll get the hang of it. I really like the Barbarian playstyle, little bit faster than dwarves. But I am concentrating on making a better Drunken Dwarf bg as well as some kind of barb without the holy theme, if that's possible.
    Correct if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember the barbs having more synergy in the past when I played. I think it was savage or something along those lines.
    One question, is there any play with the Leoss race right now? Didnt look like there was much for them, split or full. I really like the look of that group but dont want to waste time and effort on them right now if they're not worth it.
    Thanks again.

10. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

What do these decks look like?