what happened to Wings and how to play them

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by joycefinnigan, Jan 1, 2017.

1. joycefinnigan

joycefinnigan The King of Potatoes

Is anyone having any luck running wings? I have just returned to this game after a long sabbatical, and it seems that this theme has been completely gutted--which is a shame as the sigil ability was one of the most interesting play-styles in this game. I am not sure what their playstyle is supposed to be now, but this theme just seems clunky, bad, and uninspired.

Has anyone had any luck with this theme? If so how do you play full wing or hybrid? What units outside of c. wing do you find particularly useful?

Thanks.

aseryen likes this.
  2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I would also be interested in seeing some suggested bgs, I think http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/current-bgs.21421/ may have some, if not all the more reason to get some posted.

As for Flght abilities are concerned, @joycefinnigan Reticulated Splinehawk is a great rune imo because of Gift: Spare Wings. I haven't played a Sigil bg so idk if Flying units also play into them but I know ST has some Flying-AP gen synergy with Strigs (are those being played? idk)

Also has anyone played an IS/UD Goblin King-Sigil bg. I would think it's possible. If someone makes a 6-7 or 15 rune module of a sigil bg I'll take a look at how GK or Take Form might work with Sigils. I want to do that for most every theme.

3. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

Silver general.JPG

pros: long range, tanky, high damage, super fast, Jek is stat monster pretty much OP
    cons: High nora curve altough high survivability champs, maybe bit draw dependant (you can use Obelisk of Foresights if thats the problem)

strategy:
    deploy 2-3 sigil or 2x strig windriders for early.
    Wingmaster cleric is good too for support first deployers if you want.
    proceed to mid-game with strig warlocks and Houndmaster (Boost:beast)
    if you in any needs of heavy tank, deploy ST Doomball
    i tend to use calming tailwinds only in mid game or later for further efficiency

Honourable mentions:
    Unstable Tiger's Eye

aseryen likes this.
  4. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Yeah sigil was massecre. New strategy is just too use the good birds in your deck.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

NoraThat plays Flying/Wings at a top 10 level.

Tweek516 likes this.