What if: DOG Announces Pox 2.0, sunset of Pox 1, you lose your collection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

macca troll,

look at the christmas reskins, look at the new limiteds that appeared in tha checklist.

if you think adding a red nose to an existing pic and sprite costs more than a fiver... well i hope you buy them all from dog at 20 usd a pop, start saving.

at what point do we get a good deal, ive seen the devs reason the prices have to be high to pay for the art of some runes, im saying the art should not cost much to photoshop an existing pic and maybe recolor a sprite. someones getting ripped off including us.

once the art is complete it costs nothing to sell a player a rune created digitally out of thin air. im saying someones getting greedy. even once runes have no doubt paid for themselves and are released again they are the same high cost.

dog wont release the numbers but i bet they make enough off each rune to pay the artists many many times over.

i realize some of the cost is to keep dog afloat, but they can price how they like, they could sell more for less... dog seems to be forcing players to stick to only one or few factions when cheaper prices would allow for people to collect more, own more.

its too much of an investment they ask from the few players that remain, runes will not keep their value and could become worthless overnight, its really not like any legit investment so why bother collecting.

these collectible trading card games are from a bygone era, its more f2p nowadays as people got fed up with that Bane Shift, sure you could do this with guarantees in place but there are none.

mark my words, no kickstarter of this niche type of tcg will work out unless you set the goal incredibly low. people see right through this Bane Shift. this unlimited money sink is a game for whales.

aparrt from a few relics, equips no limiteds are unique anymore, there is no reason to need them, no gameplay advantages in doing so, you get nothing outa owning them, just collectors want them. how many new skins are to be released, its an insane number, going to cost a lot at 20 a pop.

players horde these limited runes, they are just about impossible to get hold of and prices just go up and players expect more for them, they are not good for the game.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i reckon you have to be rich or mentally insane to pay these prices.

3. DonK101st

DonK101st Well-Known Member

I really like this. Would take some work but something along this line is very appealing to me.

4. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Or just don't buy limited runes.

5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I would be happy with a deletion of none theme splits. Meta splits have ruined this game balance wise, its not an easy thing you work around. Shame this will never happen, some mistakes are too big to undo.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yep.
    Create a Cataclysm type of event in Pox. Release a new game with better, updated graphics and something like 50 runes for each faction. Start a rotation thingy, just like HS.
    All of us, vets, get these 50 or so runes for free.
    Introduce skins for revenue.
    Either this or lets all eagerly wait for the day someone comes and say "Sorry guys, but as is pox is not profitable anymore. We are shutting the game down. You lose all your runes. Have a good life".
    I think Pox 2.0 is feasible and should happen.
    Happy holidays dudes

Bondman007 likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I would make an account on Pox 2.0 off topic forums.

Tweek516, Dolcebrodude and Etherielin like this.
  8. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Lol....a loss of collection....equals a loss of a customer. Dumbest idea ever.